Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW. . .  (Read 1546 times)

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GW. . .
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 02:47:54 PM »
congrats on your acceptance.  I really like it at GW.

I chose it because of money and because it was the top school I got into... so unfortunately I can't give you any feedback on choosing GW from a list of comparative schools.

The student culture?... you need to be more specific :)

No idea about markets, but I assume not that tough... but in this economy who knows.

I like the class size and the school size because we have a huge faculty and class selection.  

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 02:49:06 PM »
also see what I previously posted here:  http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php?topic=4017004.0
(sorry really busy w/ a memo right now)

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 02:53:12 PM »
What memo are you writing this early?  You are funny.  LRW is meant to be done the weekend before it's due lol. 

Silly 1L haha ;).  Good luck.

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »
What memo are you writing this early?  You are funny.  LRW is meant to be done the weekend before it's due lol. 

Silly 1L haha ;).  Good luck.

Um it's due Sunday at midnight and I'm just starting it now... got a meeting with my DF tonight and nothing to show him, so yeah if anytime is go time, it's now.  I've heard from many 2L's that last year you guys also had youe MSJ due on superbowl sunday.  I hate LRW.

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »
I love it here at GW. If you choose to attend, I doubt you will be disappointed (unless you just don't like law school which is a different situation entirely).

I commute from Virginia (Rosslyn) and I think it is perfect. It takes me 15-20 to walk including the 2 minutes I am on the metro. Living on or around campus is rather expensive and you can have some run-ins with the undergrads, which are doing what undergrads do . . . Rosslyn is nice because it is quiet at night.

I never even think about the Gtown students enough for them to make me feel inferior, which they wouldn't anyway. I actually don't think I have even run into any but I probably wouldn't know if I had. GW has a strong alumni base doing some really great things so I feel GW students have just as much of an advantage as our friends at Gtown.

All the faculty have been great. My fellow classmates have been nice, I haven't run into jerks which is a plus. My over all experience has been great.

Good luck on your decision making process and congrats on getting into GW!