Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What should I do?  (Read 772 times)

dagreat1

• View Profile
What should I do?
« on: January 28, 2009, 02:55:42 AM »
Well here's what I've narrowed my choices down to:

Rutgers Camden with 5k and instate tuition
seton hall with 30k
villanova with no money
widener with a full ride

I'm from south jersey and I want to stay in the area. thoughts?

i also got into psu, ru newark, pittsburg, drexel with varying scholarships but none are full. still waiting on william and mary. and i got wait listed at temple.
Rutgers Camden. 2012

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 08:00:29 AM »
There really isn't a huge difference between most of the schools you've listed, in terms of rank/prestige/job prospects/etc. Drexel's sort of a wild card because it's not ranked yet and there's no employment data, but it'll probably end up as a T2. I'd say you should stay away from Widener, but everywhere else is probably equal enough that you should just go to whoever gives you the most money and/or whatever school you visit and would just feel most comfortable attending. Naturally if you're looking to stay in South Jersey, Rutgers-Camden and the Philly schools are better than PSU or Pittsburgh just because they're closer. Seton Hall also probably carries more weight in Jersey than it would anywhere else.

dagreat1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:24:42 PM »
thanks I feel bad about turning down a full ride, but I know it'll be better in the end.
Rutgers Camden. 2012

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 12:39:46 PM »
'Nova, if I had to pick one.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

SamE397

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 12:43:33 PM »
thanks I feel bad about turning down a full ride, but I know it'll be better in the end.
I would probably recommend at least visiting Widener; none of the schools you're considering are overly prestigious. Even though I don't think Widener is among them some fourth tier schools(I.E UDM and NYLS) bust their asses trying to place their grads. Also, you probably have the best shot at getting to the top of your class at Widener which could give you at a shot to transfer to Penn. I don't know what Penn's policy is on transfers but I know in Michigan UofM is very open to taking top students from third/fourth tier schools.   

dagreat1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
hmm, three different people, with three different answers. anyone else?
Rutgers Camden. 2012

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 04:18:54 PM »
I think it should come down to Nova or Rutgers-C. With in-state plus 5k off I would think that might be a good choice, but def. between those two.

NMUZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 09:04:31 PM »
I agree either Rutgers or Villanova, but I would say Villanova