Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law school asked me to revise my personal statement.  (Read 1169 times)

Dionysus0

• View Profile
Law school asked me to revise my personal statement.
« on: January 27, 2009, 09:18:29 PM »
I recently received a call from an admission's officer at a law school to revise the grammar in my personal statement and resubmit it. I looked over my personal statement again and unfortunately, I saw some obvious grammatical errors within it. Other than revising it, of course, how should I handle this with this specific law school, e.g. apologize, communicate that I am very interested in attending their law school, etc. What should I do, in regards to my personal statement, for the other the other law schools that are still considering me and the one that I am on the wait list for (even though this school did not mention my personal statement)? Any advice you can give me I will consider and is appreciated. Thanks.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Law school asked me to revise my personal statement.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:33:01 PM »
You need to resubmit it to this school (FIXED), along with an apology and a reiteration of your interest in the school. I would also send the new version to all the other schools I applied to and ask them to kindly disregard the PS they currently have in favor of the one you're sending them now. Don't say why. They might not let you, but you should try. If they are amenable but they want to know why, just say that you've since tweaked a few things about it and you're very sorry to have submitted the earlier version.

Normally I would say don't call attention to it, but if it's so bad a school called you about it, you need to at least try to fix it.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Dionysus0

• View Profile
Re: Law school asked me to revise my personal statement.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:12:41 AM »
Thanks dashrashi,

I will follow your suggested plan of action. I wish I would have saw the forest for the trees when I was revising my personal statement and looked at the whole personal statement instead of just concentrating on my conclusion.