Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Leveraging a Scholarship  (Read 787 times)

SSDD

• View Profile
Leveraging a Scholarship
« on: January 27, 2009, 02:58:41 PM »
I've received some small scholarships from some good schools (about $45k total from Notre Dame and U of Minnesota).  I've also received a full tuition scholarship from Baylor.

However, I have been 100% set on UT from the very beginning.  The fact that I was not initially offered any scholarships certainly complicates the situation. 

What I want is whether or not you think it is worth it for me to try to meet with UT, present my other scholarships, and try to see if I can get anything from them.  I know that Baylor is not ranked anywhere near as high as UT, but I thought there still might be some competition between the two schools for Texas residents like myself.  I certainly don't expect a large scholarship from UT, but anything (no matter how minute) would help ease some of the burden.

I expect to get large scholarships from Washington University in St. Louis and University of Houston also.

Also, just to give you an idea:  I'm an Accounting major from Texas A&M with a 3.65 gpa and a 167 on the LSAT.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

dagreat1

• View Profile
Re: Leveraging a Scholarship
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »
bump i'm in a similar situation. my adviser suggested that I go meet with one of the deans, however I'm wondering if this is common practice or not. I dont want to look like an idiot
Rutgers Camden. 2012

nynole

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:07:43 PM »
Grow a set, what do you have to lose.
FSU 2006
BA Anthropology (Archaeology)
GPA : 3.86
LSAT 152 June 2007

SSDD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 09:59:09 PM »
Grow a set, what do you have to lose.

I guess "the set"..

I'm gonna make an attempt; I really just wanted to make sure it wasn't a completely ridiculous idea.  Don't want to make an ass out of myself.