Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Drake or Stetson?  (Read 543 times)

20caliguy

• View Profile
Drake or Stetson?
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:30:15 PM »
I got accepted to both. I know both are rather prestigious in their respective geographic locations, but I am conflicted. What is your opinion?

SamE397

Re: Drake or Stetson?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:12:12 AM »
I would probably say go to both see which one you like better.

Besides that I can only think of a few things to keep in mind:

Living expenses are probably more in Florida than Iowa

Drake has a much better student:faculty ratio not that; that necessarily means anything.

Think about where you want to live it seems like both these schools are going to tie you to the region.

Has either one given you a scholarship?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 10:23:23 AM »
Prestige...

Anyway, Stetson for the weather, but yeah, visit both.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

20caliguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 02:17:59 AM »
I plan on trying to visit both schools...not sure if I will be able to swing it though. Looking at the employment prospects, Drake has more people employed in "Business and Industry" (17% vs 12%) than Stetson does which leads me to believe that graduates are unable to get meaningful employment.Any other thoughts? Oh, and Drake offered me a scholarship of $5,000 a year as long as I stay in the top 1/3. Stetson didn't offer me any money.

SamE397

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:16:42 AM »
I plan on trying to visit both schools...not sure if I will be able to swing it though. Looking at the employment prospects, Drake has more people employed in "Business and Industry" (17% vs 12%) than Stetson does which leads me to believe that graduates are unable to get meaningful employment.Any other thoughts? Oh, and Drake offered me a scholarship of $5,000 a year as long as I stay in the top 1/3. Stetson didn't offer me any money.
It could mean that it could also mean that Drake has more students going into non-traditional legal fields (I.E intellectual property)