Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WL at Catholic, bad omen?  (Read 798 times)

wvu10is

• View Profile
WL at Catholic, bad omen?
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:43:20 AM »
Applied part time, where numbers wise I was well above the 75% in GPA and one point below the 50% LSAT (this according to LSAC). Good Grad School grades, Division I athelete, Work Ex. Nothing bad to speak of. I know being waitlisted isn't the end of the world but in their letter they said they waitlist app. 500 people and in the past they accept between 10 and 50 off that waitlist. Not great odds. I plan on sending them LOCI because I am still very interested. I have heard there are many more applicants in general to law school than in previous years, does anyone else get that impression or know this to be true? I am worried that if I got waitlisted where I thought I had a good chance the ones that are more of a strech might be too much of a reach for me.

Does anyone else have a somewhat puzzling decision? Any insight regarding Catholic admissions this year?

iamluke20

• View Profile
Re: WL at Catholic, bad omen?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:24:41 PM »
I got WL too.  I was 158/3.66. Nothing negative for softs, and was a White House intern.

Another person I know was WL at Catholic with a 164/3.4!!! Ouch.  LSN has some people who were accpeted at much better schools WL at Catholic as well.

I asked the same question (...bad omen...) after I heard back from them.  Since then I was accepted at Miami, but that is not the toughest school to get into.  I think Catholic must be looking for some specific candidates.

Question I am pondering: Is it possible that Catholic is going to have somewhat higher numbers this year? 

fusername

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:08:12 PM »
bump

codyl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 10:56:06 PM »
don't feel bad, this is a tough cycle.  I got waitlisted at Maryland with 3.8 and 162 lsat.  Just got rejected from Minnesota today--looks like I may have to reapply next year and retake the lsat.

1lstudent

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 02:42:53 PM »
I have a friend who got waitlisted there with a 162, 3.6.  It's just a tougher cycle than previous years.

Eggshell Shin Vosburg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 10:07:48 PM »
Welcome to purgatory.