Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rank at GW  (Read 19610 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rank at GW
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »
can you please write here when they ranks are posted? thanks

haha, ill try to remember to post :)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »

posted.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 04:10:30 PM »

posted.

How do we see these Thorc?  Can I look even if I don't want to be a clerk haha?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 04:43:58 PM »
hahah, why are you mocking me?

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2009, 11:18:05 PM »
Are you looking to do a clerkship thorc954?  I'm hearing mixed reviews about clerkship prospects out of GW.  The clerkship coordinator told me I had a "slim" shot at the DC metro courts, which sort of surprised me.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2009, 11:39:31 PM »
I considered clerking.  Kicking around the idea of academia at some point.  I didnt apply this year though (may at some point in the future though).  I went to the clerkship coordinator and she told me I didnt have a shot at DDC or SDNY because of my journal experiences.  Clerking isnt something I have a strong desire to do for the experience itself, and, without the significant resume boost of a federal district/appellate, it wasnt worth it.  I am also not really willing to leave NY or DC. 

I would think youd be able to do something at the local level or in one of the special federal courts if you are ranked/on a journal though...

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2009, 08:31:35 AM »
hahah, why are you mocking me?

I wasn't mocking you.  I was serious.  I want to see my rank.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2009, 09:49:40 AM »
Oh, okay.  Well, they only have the scholarship designations posted.  Those are on the Banner under the transcript section.  I think our actual rankings will be posed on their at graduation, but I am not sure.

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 02:46:32 PM »
I considered clerking.  Kicking around the idea of academia at some point.  I didnt apply this year though (may at some point in the future though).  I went to the clerkship coordinator and she told me I didnt have a shot at DDC or SDNY because of my journal experiences.  Clerking isnt something I have a strong desire to do for the experience itself, and, without the significant resume boost of a federal district/appellate, it wasnt worth it.  I am also not really willing to leave NY or DC. 

I would think youd be able to do something at the local level or in one of the special federal courts if you are ranked/on a journal though...

I see.  Yeah... I'm on LR and the clerkship coordinator told me I'm probably around top 5% or so based on my grades.  But she said some people with similar numbers got shut out of DDC and the other District Court courts in the DC area (without even getting interviews).  She may just be trying not to raise my expectations too high, but I was still a bit shocked at this prospect.  In any event, I'm still gonna apply to just to see what happens.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 05:05:57 PM »
Yea, definitely still shoot off an application.  As far as I've heard, only one person on LR got a DDC clerkship (she is an all star).  It doesnt hurt to try though, and you are pretty much in the best position you could be in.

Can you PM the top 5% range?