Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: COLUMBIA RD ACCEPTANCE!  (Read 8463 times)

BJWriter26

Re: COLUMBIA RD ACCEPTANCE!
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 02:52:51 PM »
When did you all go complete?

SouthernElle

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 06:20:59 PM »
Got it in the mail today. Was hoping for some money, but alas, I'm not worth much to the folks in New York, apparently.

Did you get the letter and the binder? My binder came first, so it's possible you just haven't gotten your $ yet, since it came separately in the letter.

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 07:47:21 PM »
When did you all go complete?

December 9th

BJWriter26

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »
Okay. I went complete on December 2. If I'm in, do you think I should receive a package this week then?

Majmun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Now Featuring Excess Whiteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »
Got it in the mail today. Was hoping for some money, but alas, I'm not worth much to the folks in New York, apparently.

Most money comes after you apply for aid, even if your aid isn't actually need based (mine wasn't).  IIRC, only the Butler and the Hamilton come up front. Plenty of people get Butler-esque money later on.

BJWriter26

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 08:59:06 PM »
What is the Butler and how much does it cover? What stats do you typically need to get either the Butler or Hamilton?

Majmun

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 09:09:10 PM »
What is the Butler and how much does it cover? What stats do you typically need to get either the Butler or Hamilton?

The Hammy is ~full tuition and typically you need to be above the 75%-tiles.  The Butler is either 20-25K per year (I think) and IIRC it has something to do being interested in policy or something (I forget).

Dr_Nex

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »
Well I just got Butler. It is like the Hamilton, but half tuition. On LSN, the only peeps with Hamilton are 176+, 3.9+.
I am 175, 3.9+ so I guess I just missed the cut off. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with PI or policy.

Majmun

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 10:26:53 PM »
Well I just got Butler. It is like the Hamilton, but half tuition. On LSN, the only peeps with Hamilton are 176+, 3.9+.
I am 175, 3.9+ so I guess I just missed the cut off. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with PI or policy.

Maybe I imagined that policy part.  It's happened before  :o

jubileeez

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2009, 10:13:02 AM »

not true. i got a hamilton with a 3.81 (and 176). granted, my school has a bit of grade-deflation, but it just goes to show that it's not hard and fast.