Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reminder: "Midlaw" = Subtle Flame  (Read 997 times)

The Thread Starter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Reminder: "Midlaw" = Subtle Flame
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:18:59 AM »

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Reminder: "Midlaw" = Subtle Flame
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 12:24:37 PM »
I dunno that graph is median salary, not mid sized firms. Besides the class of 2006 were all slackers anyway.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 03:56:19 PM »
I dunno that graph is median salary, not mid sized firms. Besides the class of 2006 were all slackers anyway.

er, how is it a graph of median salary?  ???

I think what tipped me off was the big red dotted line going through the middle of the graph that said in red "Median Salary" and the fact that the graph is titled "Annual Salary" but maybe I'm just reading too much into it and your right the whole point of it is a distibution of what precent of people work in midlaw sized firms, but they titled salary to throw me off.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »
I think what tipped me off was the big read dotted line going through the middle of the graph that said in red "Median Salary" and the fact that the graph is titled "Annual Salary" but maybe I'm just reading too much into it and your right the whole point of it is a distibution of what precent of people work in midlaw sized firms, but they titled salary to throw me off.

:D :D :D
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 04:15:02 PM »

I think what tipped me off was the big red dotted line going through the middle of the graph that said in red "Median Salary" and the fact that the graph is titled "Annual Salary" but maybe I'm just reading too much into it and your right the whole point of it is a distibution of what precent of people work in midlaw sized firms, but they titled salary to throw me off.
Well, it indicates median salary. But it also shows that the likelihood of actually earning that media salary is low (if the numbers are accurate). It's more likely to start out at the $35k (maybe a little higher now) or low $100k range because the distribution is bi-modal.;
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »

Well, it indicates median salary. But it also shows that the likelihood of actually earning that media salary is low (if the numbers are accurate). It's more likely to start out at the $35k (maybe a little higher now) or low $100k range because the distribution is bi-modal.;

Yes, but that realtes to midlaw how? Unless you want to just assume from a salery graph that those jobs in the middle where all midlaw that people can't get. I guess what I'm asking is short of an assumption what does this have to do with midlaw unless midlaw only equals mid salery in the bimodal chart which case why not just say midsalary?

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 05:49:24 PM »
Yeah, I think the idea was that mid-law = mid-salary. You are right that it's probably not that simple.
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash