Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My LSAT strategy for June 09, critique  (Read 1543 times)

Erk

• View Profile
My LSAT strategy for June 09, critique
« on: January 22, 2009, 12:28:06 AM »
Here's the deal, this is a retake (160). I didn't prepare sufficiently for the exam (perused the PS bibles and took like 5 preptests).

I am preparing much earlier and harder this time.

Here is my gameplan:

Wks 1 and 2- Go through LSAC Superprep, complete all preptests and go through answers to know EXACTLY why they are right and wrong

Next 4 wks(basically month of Feb)- Go through the entirety of the 3 PS Bibles

The remainder will be me going through the Power Score Coursebook lessons and Homework, while taking a preptest each Saturday and Sunday up until the exam.

Any suggestions, criticisms, comments are welcomed.

valjean

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: My LSAT strategy for June 09, critique
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:08:02 PM »
My only comment would be that the official material found in the examples in the latter part of your plan are taken from the PTs you plan to finish off in weeks 1 and 2 (I'm assuming you've done a ton of PTs already; you're not planning on doing 50 in 2 weeks, right? That would be seriously masochistic.).

Since either way when you do the problems a second time it'll be hard to use them to gage your progress, I would work on the unrelated parts of the PS bibles (I didn't use the RC since it came out right before my test - so no opinion there) before I went into serious practice test mode.

Otherwise, you seem to know what the important areas to hit are. Good luck on improving your score!!
Not applying until next cycle...

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 08:16:17 PM »
Here's my critique:  you're ugly, you smell, and if you get into a good law school no employer will hire you anyway.
_______
.|E|R|S.

valjean

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:19:30 PM »
Here's my critique:  you're ugly, you smell, and if you get into a good law school no employer will hire you anyway.

Lay off, dufus. Prepping for an LSAT is a stressful time, and I don't see anything the OP couldn't done to merit a response like that. Bitter or something?
Not applying until next cycle...

Erk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 10:26:17 PM »
Valjean- I was unclear in my explanation of the first two weeks of my prep. I meant that I would take the Preptests that are provided in the LSAC superprep book. Sorry about that. Thanks a ton for the advice and words of encouragement.

Tetris- any particular reason you responded that way? I have read this board for a while and just thought that some people would be able to provide me with some insight.

HYSHopeful

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchooli.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 03:49:06 PM »
I have a few comments...

Superprep consists of only 3 preptests... If you are allowing an adequate amount of time each day for LSAT prep, I don't see how you could stretch that into 2 full weeks of prep.

In general, I think that you should try and go through another 30 or so PTs, the PS bibles, and use the remaining 20(ish) PTs to drill yourself on weaknesses. I don't know much about the PS coursebooks, so I can't comment on that.

I cannot stress enough how much it helped me to take 40+ timed practice exams. I was aiming for 175+, and couldn't have accomplished it without taking exam after exam and reviewing them well.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 05:51:19 PM »
june test be hardest ever.

Vaio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 10:59:44 AM »
june test be hardest ever.
Stop boosting your post count with these useless posts.

IHaveDietMoxie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 03:32:40 PM »
HYS, I could easily see the superprep taking around two weeks, considering that she/he is doing the tests and reading through the entire set of explanations provided, plus the annoyingly tedious introduction.  I think this is a great way to start.  I would also echo that taking actual tests is likely as or more important than the powerscore stuff.  I think PS is good as a crutch when you need confidence, but I would concentrate more on the actual material if I were you (I'm sure there are droves who disagree with this part). 

Basically, I would do more work straight from the tests, and more preptests.  Just my two cents though :)

AlisaGreenstein

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 03:44:12 PM »
It sounds like you have a great game plan.  My only suggestions are to: (1) make sure that you take your practice exams under truly timed conditions with no distractions, (2) once you figure out what questions you are getting wrong, spend a couple of days just focusing on those types of questions, and (3) definitely order the new 2008 exams with which to practice.  The October and December 2008 Logic Games were considerably harder than the previous years and if that is any indication of what is to come, you want to make sure you are prepared for the hardest games they can throw at you.  Best of luck!

Alisa Greenstein | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant | www.VeritasPrep.com/law