Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Got questions? 1L Rutgers  (Read 596 times)

JamieB

• View Profile
    • Email
Got questions? 1L Rutgers
« on: January 20, 2009, 11:13:10 PM »
I have some free time and thought I'd answer any questions any of you may have about law school, misconceptions of 0L's etc...  ask away--

jpasqu

• View Profile
Re: Got questions? 1L Rutgers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 02:23:46 AM »
I have some free time and thought I'd answer any questions any of you may have about law school, misconceptions of 0L's etc...  ask away--

Which campus are you at?

BurtsBees

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 08:49:35 AM »
How happy are you relative to how you happy you were as an undergrad and your time between undergrad and law school?

JamieB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 12:45:30 PM »
jpasqu, I'm at the Newark Campus. and no, the neighborhood is not as bad as people say it is.

BurtBees, good question.  I'm taking law school to be a time of investment, not of happiness.  I have to say that I enjoyed undergrad life a lot more than I do in law school but I enjoy what I am learning a lot more here than I did in undergrad.  I came straight to law school from undergrad so I haven't had much time off in between. 

horang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »
How is your relationship with your classmates in and outside of academia? Is it a collegial environment?

JamieB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
Rutgers is pretty good in terms of classmates.  It really seems like people enjoy each others input and company.  Of course there are those that you want to kill but thats the same anywhere.  Outside of the school we hang out, but in order to do so you really have to make an effort to make friends.  They're not just gonna come to you.  Once again, thats the same anywhere.  Rutgers doesn't really have a college environment because the Newark campus is so small.