Law School Discussion

Grad. school grades

Grad. school grades
« on: January 20, 2009, 09:08:34 PM »
So, I am applying to law school this year and am doing a master's program this year.  Just got my first semester grades... turns out I have a B+ average.  Also, the program is graded on a law school curve.  Assuming I am applying to all T30 schools, should I submit these grades as an update to my application.  In other words... for T14-T30 schools, do you think the B+ average will hurt or help my apps?  (UGPA is ~3.1)

Thanks!

Re: Grad. school grades
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:48:13 AM »
By "law school curve" I mean that the program uses the same curve as the law school at that university, which is an imposed median of 80% or a B.  But, yes, the grad school GPA would be an improvement to my UGPA.  The only reason I hesitate is because it's not an "A" average and although it's "good" maybe not "perfect"...

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:18:01 AM »
I know I must submit them, at some point.  I am just debating whether or not to do it as an unsolicited update to my application.  I think you are right though, it will only be a soft factor.  I'll take any help I can get, of course  :)

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 01:51:07 PM »
Yeah, you have to update them.

But just FYI: your grad school grades (even your GPA) don't show up on the front page of the LSAC summary -- at least mine don't. They will have to actively read through your transcripts to find them.

I wouldn't worry about it much.