Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Plateauing right before the test?  (Read 468 times)

danmcd

• View Profile
Plateauing right before the test?
« on: January 20, 2009, 05:49:46 PM »
Anyone else getting stuck at levels they don't wanna be stuck at? I've been steadily improving over the past few months from the low 150s to 165-167 range. I got a random 171 last week, but otherwise I keep getting around a 166 for almost 3 weeks. I've got a 3.44 GPA...so if I want anything in the T14 I have to break a 170, pretty much.

Any advice? Should I change up my study routine? I'm doin a test every 2 days right now...should I kick it up a notch and start doin 2? Do some thoughtful, untimed tests?

I'm slowly but surely starting to freak out over the Feb test, can you tell...

Good luck to the rest of you Feb testers

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Plateauing right before the test?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 06:12:46 PM »
Anyone else getting stuck at levels they don't wanna be stuck at? I've been steadily improving over the past few months from the low 150s to 165-167 range. I got a random 171 last week, but otherwise I keep getting around a 166 for almost 3 weeks. I've got a 3.44 GPA...so if I want anything in the T14 I have to break a 170, pretty much.

Any advice? Should I change up my study routine? I'm doin a test every 2 days right now...should I kick it up a notch and start doin 2? Do some thoughtful, untimed tests?

I'm slowly but surely starting to freak out over the Feb test, can you tell...

Good luck to the rest of you Feb testers

Hey Dan (guessing that is your name),

In what section are you getting the most wrong? Does it vary by test? 166 is a pretty good score, I'm guessing you're getting around 14-15 wrong. Perhaps some focused studying on your problem ares will help, rather than a general increase in the amount of time spent. Are you finishing each section on time?
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

danmcd

• View Profile
Re: Plateauing right before the test?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 07:08:21 PM »
Yeah you're right, I tend to get about -4 to -7 (RC), -5 to -8 (LR1+LR2), and -0 to -2 (LG)...some combination in there gets me to about -14, -15 each test. I guess LR is the most improvable in the short amount of time, plus as much practice on the RC as possible