Should I study Law!

Top Cat

• Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
Re: Should I study Law!
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 03:31:40 PM »
I know of at least a few people who have had alt accounts in the past to kind of joke around and ilicit funny responses.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »
This board is actually a bit unique with its terminology.  Here, "flame" is more often used to refer to a disingenuous or outright fake post (or poster) designed to get people to respond.
It's not "unique".  It is incorrect.  A bunch of wannabe egghead lawyers don't get to destroy the years of good work put in by Gamers.   :P

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:02:47 PM »
This board is actually a bit unique with its terminology.  Here, "flame" is more often used to refer to a disingenuous or outright fake post (or poster) designed to get people to respond.
It's not "unique".  It is incorrect.  A bunch of wannabe egghead lawyers don't get to destroy the years of good work put in by Gamers.   :P

:D

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 07:52:17 PM »
I found these definitions with a quick Yahoo search, and they seem to be good ones.

A "troll" is one who is deliberately antagonizing or posts with the main purpose of getting a negative reaction.
Example: Posting in a thread about Duke- "Duke is lame- Michigan is the only school worth going to!  Go Wolverines!"

"Flaming" is a personal attack on another member of the message boards.
Example: "Tim Mitchell, your undergrad stinks, your LSAT score stinks, and PJC could whip you in a street fight. ;)

This is a fantastic post :D

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 05:46:37 AM »
I found these definitions with a quick Yahoo search, and they seem to be good ones.

A "troll" is one who is deliberately antagonizing or posts with the main purpose of getting a negative reaction.
Example: Posting in a thread about Duke- "Duke is lame- Michigan is the only school worth going to!  Go Wolverines!"

"Flaming" is a personal attack on another member of the message boards.
Example: "Tim Mitchell, your undergrad stinks, your LSAT score stinks, and PJC could whip you in a street fight. ;)

Tim Mitchell, I can whoop your ass - By definition.  Whoooo!!!!