Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Class of 2012  (Read 4535 times)

Aluhks

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cornell Class of 2012
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 09:07:54 AM »
Officially attending Cornell in the fall! Unfortunately, I missed the admitted student weekends...

1Ls, do I need a car in Ithaca and will I have trouble finding a roommate if I didnt attend any ASW?

You don't need a car. Getting to Wegman's, the primary grocery store, without one will be inconvenient. Otherwise you don't need one. I have a car but probably drive once a week at most.

Last year someone set up a Cornell Class of 2011 Facebook group early on, and a number of people used it for roommate finding.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 12:45:44 PM »
My sense of Ithaca is a genuine need for car, unless you REALLY don't mind busing everywhere or asking other people for rides.

I can handle busing to class, but not to the grocery store.

However, there is a car share program, like zipcar, it's called ithaca car share, google it, which is my plan.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

VirusNY

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 08:27:45 AM »
I also have a car but only use it about once a week. Going to Wegmans is probably a pain without a car, but people usually take their friends with them when they go. I've given lots of people rides to Wegmans this year. One of the good things about Cornell is the great sense of community you get here. There's one or two gunners, but outside of class even they are nice and noncompetitive.
Cornell Law 2011

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 08:28:07 AM »
There will certainly be plenty of sailing for interested parties.  I can't wait to get a few shades darker.  Right now I reflect a lot of light.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

YouShouldFeelPrivileged

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cornell University Law School Class of 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 01:14:03 AM »
So, no wireless access in classrooms (to prevent Facebooking/LSDing/and general time wasting during class)...how does this work?  Are the classrooms guaranteed dead zones, or is there a way around it?  How do you feel about this (current students); is it inconvenient at all?

As it was explained to me, I don't really see it as a bad thing.  In undergrad I sometimes use the net to pull up articles or what not related to class discussion, or look up an obscure fact/event that the prof is harping on about.  However, it can also be a BIG distraction if I let it  :-\ so I think that "no wireless in classrooms" is probably a smart move on Cornell's part, but I'm just interested in your thoughts and how it actually works...
If I had known my next breath would be my last, I would have held it longer...

eyeoftheligrr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 07:29:22 PM »
Does Cornell require your parents' financial info to be considered for need based aid?  I'm pretty sure Michigan does not and I'm trying to find out where other schools stand.

YouShouldFeelPrivileged

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 08:07:08 PM »
Does Cornell require your parents' financial info to be considered for need based aid?  I'm pretty sure Michigan does not and I'm trying to find out where other schools stand.

Cornell absolutely does; at least they did for me.  Both parents, even if they are separated/divorced.

eyeoftheligrr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 08:17:16 PM »
Thanks... that seems to be the norm.

YouShouldFeelPrivileged

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 08:20:18 PM »
No problem  ;)

eyeoftheligrr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 08:31:37 PM »
Your lsn is conspicuously absent. Did I read somewhere that you were awarded a scholarship?  Mind sharing your numbers?