Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Schools with late application deadlines???  (Read 3533 times)

trippstrat

• View Profile
Schools with late application deadlines???
« on: January 17, 2009, 02:27:02 PM »
This is my first post to this site, although I've been reading from it for a long time now.  I'm hoping I may can get some info from some of you.  Anyway, I will graduate next Spring (2010), in May.  My question is, will that be too late to apply to most law schools if I wish to start school in Fall (2010)?  I've done a little research on the schools in the southeast and it seems that most of their application deadlines are in March, however, I would not have graduated by then.  I know some accept early admissions, but it seems like there are very few.  I just don't want to wait for over one year before starting law school.

To give you an idea of what schools I may apply for, I will have about a 3.2 GPA when I graduate.  I am taking an LSAT prep class, but have not taken the actual test yet.  I really would appreciate any advice some of you could give me as to how I could start school somewhere in the fall, after graduation.  Thank you for your help.

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Schools with late application deadlines???
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »
This is my first post to this site, although I've been reading from it for a long time now.  I'm hoping I may can get some info from some of you.  Anyway, I will graduate next Spring (2010), in May.  My question is, will that be too late to apply to most law schools if I wish to start school in Fall (2010)?  I've done a little research on the schools in the southeast and it seems that most of their application deadlines are in March, however, I would not have graduated by then.  I know some accept early admissions, but it seems like there are very few.  I just don't want to wait for over one year before starting law school.

To give you an idea of what schools I may apply for, I will have about a 3.2 GPA when I graduate.  I am taking an LSAT prep class, but have not taken the actual test yet.  I really would appreciate any advice some of you could give me as to how I could start school somewhere in the fall, after graduation.  Thank you for your help.

This would not be considered an early admission. If you are graduating in May 2010 and hope to start law school in Fall 2010, then that would be normal admissions. You would start applying to law schools in Fall 2009 for the class beginning Fall 2010. You do not need to have received your degree at the time you apply, but you must have received it before you are enrolled in law school.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

trippstrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »
Thanks for the info.  That's very good to know.  I'm just starting to seriously look into the whole application process, so I was a little unclear on that.  I'm still trying to learn about this whole process.  So I assume that since most of the law school's application deadlines are in March, I will definitely have to take the LSAT in February, and no later.  Is that right?  I'll have to check the LSAT registration deadlines.  Thank you for your help.

trippstrat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:33:35 PM »
Nevermind, I misread your post.  Planning on taking the LSAT in June anyway.  That should work out ok.  Thanks again.