Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Legal Aid Society  (Read 1266 times)

justadreamer

• View Profile
    • Email
Legal Aid Society
« on: January 17, 2009, 11:15:01 AM »
I am interested in Public Interest so the majority of the internships I applied to were public interest internships. I just got offered a position for the summer with the legal aid society in Manhattan. I only have until next week to let them know if I am interested or not. I haven't heard from any other internships but its still pretty Earlie. Should I accept the LAS position, or should I loose it,, and take my chances to see what else I can get?

Stole Your Nose!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Legal Aid Society
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 11:35:44 AM »
take it.

resipsaloquitur

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 11:53:41 AM »

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 10:20:28 PM »
Thirded. Assuming that A) you're interested in it or B) you're not that interested but you're a 1L.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

justadreamer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 12:55:07 PM »
Yes I am a 1L and this will be my first internship while in law school.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 01:00:03 PM »
It sounds like a solid gig and I think you'd learn a lot. If you're interested in going the PI route, I think it makes sense to take it. Plus, you know, bird in the hand. Especially IN THIS ECONOMY.
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

observationalist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Transparency
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »
I am interested in Public Interest so the majority of the internships I applied to were public interest internships. I just got offered a position for the summer with the legal aid society in Manhattan. I only have until next week to let them know if I am interested or not. I haven't heard from any other internships but its still pretty Earlie. Should I accept the LAS position, or should I loose it,, and take my chances to see what else I can get?

You'll meet a lot of attorneys working at LAS, right? Best be putting on your schmooze shoes while you're there... you never know which person you'll connect with who may be in a position to help you out down the road.  In other words though, I agree with the rest of the fine scholars on this board... congrats on the offer. There were likely unemployed 2Ls going for the same job and you've successfully beaten them out, so you did something right.
Vanderbilt University Law School Class of '10

justadreamer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 01:18:07 PM »
Thanks..guys, I think I'm going to send the acceptance e-mail tomorrow. They seemed very eager to accept me since they offered me the position during the interview, and I don't want to make them wait for too long. I guess I should consider myself lucky since I am a 1L and was able to compete with other 2L's that applied.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »
I mean, I will own up to the fact that Legal Aid never got back to me after an interview in October. So you definitely beat out at least one 2L.
This sig kills fascists.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 03:10:47 PM »
I mean, I will own up to the fact that Legal Aid never got back to me after an interview in October. So you definitely beat out at least one 2L.

Heh. Total yield protection!
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.