Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IP Law At GW  (Read 3323 times)

I.James

• View Profile
IP Law At GW
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:43:35 PM »
I just got accepted to GWU and I was also accepted at Boston College.  I have been slacking and still have to apply to a few other schools, including Gtown.  I definitely want to go into intellectual property law, especially with having a science bachelor's degree.  Is GW my best east coast choice for IP?  Or is Gtown definitely better for IP because of their general ranking?  I've read GW is number 3 in IP.  Thanks for the feed-back.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: IP Law At GW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 10:43:23 PM »
I just got accepted to GWU and I was also accepted at Boston College.  I have been slacking and still have to apply to a few other schools, including Gtown.  I definitely want to go into intellectual property law, especially with having a science bachelor's degree.  Is GW my best east coast choice for IP?  Or is Gtown definitely better for IP because of their general ranking?  I've read GW is number 3 in IP.  Thanks for the feed-back.

What kind of science bachelor's degree?

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 10:54:23 PM »

If you're certain you want to do IP, I think it's a no-brainer to go to GW over BC. 

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 08:45:28 AM »
GW is by far the best IP school around, short of the super big name elite law schools. I have friends that went to GW over GULC simply because they were IP.  Every major IP firm recruits at GW and I don't know a single IP student that doesn't have Biglaw lined up.

It's actually frustrating to those of us that aren't IP, but such is life.

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 09:47:52 PM »
I'm a 1L right now at GW Law... and all my IP friends are getting the best interviews and are probably going to get $$ this summer.

Pretty much everyone else is stuck with unpaid public interest or government jobs.