Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC transcript questions  (Read 1724 times)

csi

• View Profile
LSAC transcript questions
« on: January 15, 2009, 03:03:28 AM »
A few basic basic questions. Thank you in advance!!!

1. Does the transcript that schools see from the LSDAS show courses in their chronological order or just their own calculated GPA?

2. I already graduated from UG(june 07). If I take CC courses now to replace certain pre-req classes from my miserable first year of UG and I send those transcripts to LSAC, will it still show up on my LSDAS transcript or because it was taken post graduation they just ignore it completely?

I totally understand I am not "truly" replacing the grade since the grades i received were in the C range and that I am graduated already so technically my UG record is closed.

I guess the heart of the question is, is there any point to taking more classes post graduation just to have it seen on transcript or should I just include whatever I accomplish in my CC in the addendum?

For example in my first year I got a C- in elementary stats,  C in Calc B and a C in macroeconomics. Would there be any point in re-taking those classes now other then what I could discuss in the addendum?

3. How do classes/grades look from classes taken after grad? Are they just attached in a notes section?

Bonus question, just for kicks if anybody knows this answer as well.
I plan on going the joint degree MBA/JD route.

Does anybdoy know how B-schools interpret the above situation (re-taking courses of UG post-grad). Obviously B schools will be much more quant heavy so I'll need A's to show taht I can do it but aside from what I could say in an essay do B-schools take in the new grades as replacements or do they also just see it as a bonus note?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: LSAC transcript questions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 03:29:36 AM »
1. They get a summary sheet with all your school information and your LSAC GPA.  They also get copies of all your transcripts which (obviously) shows the chronological order of coursework.

2. If you've already graduated, you cannot take any class now that will have an effect on your GPA.  Additionally, even if your UG were to allow you to replace the grade, LSAC says they will count both grades in your GPA.  Any classes taken after you receive your bachelor's degree is listed as "graduate" work, even if it's not grad level or done through a grad program.  Schools just receive those trasncripts but none of this is put onto your LSAC summary sheet.

3. See above.

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

csi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 03:43:00 AM »

2.Schools just receive those trasncripts but none of this is put onto your LSAC summary sheet.

Thank you Taylor Dayne for the quick and concise response.

Is there a general consensus to not re-take classes then, if time isn't a constraint?

I know this sort of answers the question to myself but I think it is slightly better to have it there then to have nothing. Then again I understand there will be a cost of time and is it worth it to spend that effort but at this point i'm looking for any edge I can get.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 03:50:15 AM »
Honestly, I wouldn't bother retaking the classes.  I don't think they provide any sort of benefit in retaking at this point.  I'd spend the time studying for the LSAT instead or otherwise improving other parts of my application that could use improvement.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

csi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 04:28:22 AM »
Thanks again for your insights Taylor.