Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American or Villanova?  (Read 734 times)

artie123

• View Profile
American or Villanova?
« on: January 14, 2009, 09:58:22 AM »
I am interested in practicing IP Law in either D.C., Philly, or Boston. I am two years out of college, and I'm interested in a law school with a collegial environment, strong alumni network, and good job prospects, of course. Would American or Villanova be a better fit for me?

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
Re: American or Villanova?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »
If you want to work in Philly go to Villanova, if you want to work in D.C go to American. Both schools have a solid alumni network, I can only say how strong Villanova has b/c i'm currently there. I'm sure American has a strong one in D.C though... Villanova has a strong collegial environment, i'v been to two bbal games this year so far! haha
   But in the end... you decide where you want to practice. If you were going to boston, you may want to try a boston school, but if not, Nova "may" be better b/c it is closer.
  Also you may want to check out the schools IP programs. That could help aid your decison also. First Location, second IP programs.
      Good luck.. they are both great choices to have!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:54:39 PM »
In Philly Vilanovaova is mostly competing locally with Temple (because most Penn folks don't stick around) while in D.C. American is competing locally with higher-ranked Georgetown, GW, George Mason, U. of Virginia, etc. This would seem to be a decent reason to pick Villanova, if indeed you're interested in working in Philly.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 07:24:07 PM »
American unless you want Philly.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.