Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan Class of 2012: It Just Feels Right  (Read 13375 times)

DrLazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Class of 2012: It Just Feels Right
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »
It's 5 right now according to my sidebar, but the wind is killing and the low was -4.  Wind chill is probably brutal.  That said, I'm just being over-dramatic.  It's not THAT bad.  You do notice, though.
Michigan 2010.  Brr.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 09:49:38 PM »
Oh. Yeah it's that cold here. I'm not too worried.

MLaw11

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 10:41:23 PM »
How cold is cold? We've gotten below zero here a couple of times this year. How much of a shock am I in for?

You'll be fine.  Average highs nearing 30 and average lows in the mid teens.  Single digits below zero (like now) and you're not all that far from record lows.  Check it out.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 11:02:19 PM »
I think I moved from one of the few places in the country where its colder and windier than Michigan.  The harsh coldness we are experiencing today is a typical winter day in South Dakota.
_______
.|E|R|S.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 11:39:05 PM »
How cold is cold? We've gotten below zero here a couple of times this year. How much of a shock am I in for?

You'll be fine.  Average highs nearing 30 and average lows in the mid teens.  Single digits below zero (like now) and you're not all that far from record lows.  Check it out.

Thanks for the link, very helpful. :) Turns out the weather where I'm at is pretty similar to AA. Could be A LOT worse.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 12:10:10 AM »
According to The Weather Channel, "average low" for January is 17 degrees, and "average high" is about 30.  So we are experiencing abnormally cold weather.
_______
.|E|R|S.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 02:18:59 AM »
Dudes, it was in the 80s here today.  I sat outside for about an hour or so and got a pretty savage tan.

If I didn't like cold weather, I'd be worried.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

10shot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 10:58:04 AM »
I've been lurking for a while. Accepted last year and deferred. I'm stoked about Michigan in the fall! Now my biggest concern is housing. Should admitted students day make this an easier decision? The cold doesn't scare me. It is 9 with snow and a -? wind chill here today.
UMich class of 2012
Go Blue!

latinforliar

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 03:02:10 PM »
For any summer-starters, I am subleasing my place from mid-May to late-August. It's a furnished 1 bedroom and it's within a 7 minute walk from the law school. A free parking space is included, you only have to pay for electricity. Send me a message if you are interested or have more questions.

For the rest of you, take a word of advice...live within a close walk from the law school. You're going to have some early classes, and will be staying in the library late on a lot of nights. Also the buses here are somewhat unreliable, and most people try and avoid them. That being said, the neighborhoods right around campus are noisy and expensive. good luck.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 03:04:44 PM »
I'm satisfied with my 15 minute walk from the law quad.

Having a bike helps, btw (except for a the on and off cold spells during the winter months).
_______
.|E|R|S.