Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan Class of 2012: It Just Feels Right  (Read 13421 times)

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Michigan Class of 2012: It Just Feels Right
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:19:27 PM »
Since I was peer pressured into creating this thread for prospective students, here ya go...have at it, y'all :)
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Class of 2012: It Just Feels Right
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:33:46 PM »
 :)

March ASW

Blue08
zardoz

April ASW:

Robin Ramzinski
Gretchen
Magnifique1908

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:53:41 PM »
I need to figure out the housing situation in Ann Arbor.  I know there are "housing ambassadors," but what is their actual function?

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:58:23 PM »
From the blue sheet? I think they just answer questions. I don't know, I think you're just supposed to find someone with similar circumstances and ask them questions.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 12:10:36 AM »
Yeah, I dunno...I think I'd feel awkward in asking people random questions about Michigan housing.  Also, I'd just want to email one of them and ask her about her Olympic experience ;D

DrLazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 12:22:34 AM »
Best advice I can give is to inspect housing close to campus very carefully.  It's sort of touch and go -- some very well maintained older buildings that cater mostly to graduate students are the best bets.  There are newer developments further from school that are pretty good -- little more expensive sometimes, but if you hunt long enough, the price difference is negligible. 

I've lived in a newer 2 BR/2 BA place on the south end of AA with another graduate student roommate for some time, yet will be getting my own place for 3L due to the roommate's engagement.  I'm angling for something closer to campus for my last year, but the place I've lived in for awhile has been good -- five to ten minute drive to the commuter lot depending on traffic and then a five to ten minute bus ride to the law school depending on bus wait.  Newer building, no maintenance problems, reasonable rent. 
Michigan 2010.  Brr.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 12:24:26 AM »
What are the houses like that are like, within a 10 minute walk of the law quad?  Surrounded by super loud UGs or generally decent?

DrLazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 12:29:04 AM »
I haven't lived in one, but I've been in a few.  The best ones were the older buildings that had thick walls and were occupied mostly with graduate students.  They're often near party houses, but the noise didn't seem excessive or anything.  I've been looking around campus planning for signing a lease for next year and mostly just trusting my gut about areas.  There are definitely some within that range that will be more quiet.  I have my eye on one that's about a five minute walk and it didn't seem too bad.  That one was a little northwest of Hutchins, if memory serves.  I'll be looking at more places near campus once I'm back to AA, so I'll write more then.
Michigan 2010.  Brr.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 12:29:59 AM »
WHAT?!  You're still on winter break?  That's craziness!

I'm jealous :)

DrLazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 12:36:22 AM »
It's been good.  I've watched My Cousin Vinny so many times I have it memorized.  I also kicked by cousins butts at poker several times.  Seeing the family has been pretty relaxing, but I need to get back -- we start on Wednesday.  Between journal and reading for classes, I'm already behind. :/
Michigan 2010.  Brr.