Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LRW Paper Editing Services  (Read 776 times)

chvti

• View Profile
    • Email
LRW Paper Editing Services
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »
I am not doing very well in my LRW class. Do you know any good services for editing my papers before submission? Thank you.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LRW Paper Editing Services
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:26:14 PM »
That's called an academic integrity violation. 

Wow, 1L year and already violating ethics rules.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 04:26:33 PM »
1. That would probably be an honor code violation.

2. LRW is the most important thing for you to learn. Talk to your professor about how you can improve.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 04:35:25 PM »
Would be cost prohibitive...

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 04:59:53 PM »
I am not doing very well in my LRW class. Do you know any good services for editing my papers before submission? Thank you.

I know at my school they have a legal writing clinic where you can go and get help from students who did well in LRW last year. The school sponsors it and its completely within the honor code to use their services. Does your school have anything like that?

Where are you having problems, basic grammar issues, format issues, reasoning issues, structuring your arguments? I have read a lot of books on legal writing, I thinks its one of the classes where outside sources can really improve your end product (because at my school the feedback you get its intentional vague from the rpofs). If you give me an idea of what youíre struggling with I might be able to recommend some books to help you that are available from Amazon or likely in your schools library.

Hang in there, legal writing I found was one of the easiest classes to get better at with some outside research. I went from a B+ first semester (and working harder to get that than any other class in law school) to am juring it and having my brief nominated for the 1L writing award my second semester. I also wrote onto a law review and have been published a few times. Iím not a good writer either, its my biggest weakness by far, and I have really, really bad dyslexia, but I just kept looking at sources to improve on my own, gave myself tons of time to edit, edit, edit and I did it (and I still consult sources before I write anything for school/work).
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

NebelungValesti

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 05:03:09 PM »
Base on the canons of construction, we always try to construe the question in a way that does NOT violate the honor code to make it a valid question. Such as, he wants to submit his paper (which he did not get a good grade in presumably) as a writing sample to firms, and now wants to obtain professional advise, which would probably not constitute a breach of the honor code.

So I say the question is valid...

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 05:08:25 PM »
Base on the canons of construction, we always try to construe the question in a way that does NOT violate the honor code to make it a valid question. Such as, he wants to submit his paper (which he did not get a good grade in presumably) as a writing sample to firms, and now wants to obtain professional advise, which would probably not constitute a breach of the honor code.

So I say the question is valid...

Most employers request unedited writing samples. He would be misrepresenting himself, which may also be an honor code violation, but even if it isn't, it remains problematic.

Nice try, though.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 05:19:21 PM »
Oh, one more thing, I also got paired with the guy who got the worst grade in our LRW class first semester for my partner brief. I shared all my sources with him and we consulted many legal writing books on our project, he ended up getting the second highest grade in the class the second semster and later won a writing contest. You can do this all you need is some better sources than your LRW text book. People use supplements for every class BUT LRW, and I donít understand why, there are so many great sources out there if you just look. You will be doing more writing as a lawyer than anything else, so start building your library now.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

chvti

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »
Thanks for your feedback! I will do my best this semester...