Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: impulse to send out one more application?  (Read 1524 times)

redcement

• View Profile
impulse to send out one more application?
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:58:51 PM »
Anyone else feel the need to send out just one more application, perhaps across the country, even though it's January? While I wait for my decisions, I have considered sending out yet another app because 1) it's cold outside and 2) I haven't heard back from all my damn schools yet.

econtutorNV

• Sr. Citizen
  • Watch your ankles
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: impulse to send out one more application?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 11:11:46 PM »
I've been periodically sending more apps out, I have one more and then I'm done... I think.
UGPA-3.33 LSAT-164

In- Tulane ($$), Baylor, USD, Santa Clara ($), IU-B ($), Loyola
Out-Minnesota. UIUC
WL-Notre Dame, Hastings
Pending- Emory, WUSTL, W & L, Davis, GULC PT, GMU, GW PT, UC-I (gotta dream, right?)

BurtsBees

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 10:33:18 AM »
Anyone else feel the need to send out just one more application, perhaps across the country, even though it's January? While I wait for my decisions, I have considered sending out yet another app because 1) it's cold outside and 2) I haven't heard back from all my damn schools yet.

Go for it. It's not that late. January 1st is about the halfway point from what I understand.

You won't get in if you don't apply.

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »

Over the weekend I felt the urge to apply to some schools in the LA market (which I completely overlooked somehow). I am still debating if it is even worth it at this point.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

BurtsBees

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »

Over the weekend I felt the urge to apply to some schools in the LA market (which I completely overlooked somehow). I am still debating if it is even worth it at this point.

Applying in January is not a death sentence. There may be a slight disadvantage, but by no means, are you going to be auto-dinged unless your 75%+

redcement

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »
It's just that my reasoning for throwing anotehr app out there is,ah,weak. I forgot to apply to any schools in warm climates. I cannot afford to move too far away from the Northeast, mind you, as I want to be able to visit family. But now, in 20 degree weather, I am musing, family shamily. I shoulda applied to Mercer.

BurtsBees

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 12:09:39 PM »
It's just that my reasoning for throwing anotehr app out there is,ah,weak. I forgot to apply to any schools in warm climates. I cannot afford to move too far away from the Northeast, mind you, as I want to be able to visit family. But now, in 20 degree weather, I am musing, family shamily. I shoulda applied to Mercer.
???

redcement

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »
???

To be clearer: once I move to a new city for law school, I won't have the $$$ to visit family back home if I move too far away. Hopping on a plane is not an option, as I have a young family and will be living on loans. So I only applied to schools near family, in tundra-like NY. Yet Georgia sounds nice and warm and I almost want to send another application out, family be damned.

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
I almost applied to Duke the other day but I'm realizing how important location is for me.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 07:17:16 PM »
I keep having this impulse too.  I've realized that any place I'd apply to, I'd end up eliminating pretty quickly though.  So I think I'll save the money and be happy with my choices.