Law School Discussion

impulse to send out one more application?

vap

• Attorney
    • View Profile
Re: impulse to send out one more application?
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 07:47:02 PM »
It's just that my reasoning for throwing anotehr app out there is,ah,weak. I forgot to apply to any schools in warm climates. I cannot afford to move too far away from the Northeast, mind you, as I want to be able to visit family. But now, in 20 degree weather, I am musing, family shamily. I shoulda applied to Mercer.

A few years ago I applied to about a dozen schools in October/November, and then about a month later I sent an application to Mercer as a safety.  While deciding where to go, I visited both Iowa and Mercer in February.  Guess where I ended up?

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 02:22:57 PM »
I'll most likely stay in Texas or close by, so I applied to my top two schools in early December, followed by a few backup plans and reaches a little later in the month. I got my first acceptance (Baylor) this week, and somehow got inspired to apply to all those places who sent me fee waivers and maybe a few more reach schools too. It's sort of an addiction now! haha. I should probably stop soon!

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »

Applying in January is not a death sentence. There may be a slight disadvantage, but by no means, are you going to be auto-dinged unless your 75%+

75%+? What does that mean? Thanks.