Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Incomplete at Temple  (Read 775 times)

nook225

• View Profile
    • Email
Incomplete at Temple
« on: January 11, 2009, 05:20:14 PM »
So I got am email from Temple on 12/18 saying that they had received my application and as of today it is still showing up as incomplete via status checker.  Applications that were sent out at the same time or later are complete and I am starting to get very concerned.  I called friday and was told to relax, that my application was pending, but the lady I spoke to did not even take me name so I am not feeling much better.  Does anyone have a similar experience?  What could be the problem?  I know I am probably overreacting but Temple is my first choice right now so I am a little panicky.  Thanks.

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Incomplete at Temple
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:45:58 AM »
So I got am email from Temple on 12/18 saying that they had received my application and as of today it is still showing up as incomplete via status checker.  Applications that were sent out at the same time or later are complete and I am starting to get very concerned.  I called friday and was told to relax, that my application was pending, but the lady I spoke to did not even take me name so I am not feeling much better.  Does anyone have a similar experience?  What could be the problem?  I know I am probably overreacting but Temple is my first choice right now so I am a little panicky.  Thanks.

I remember seeing another post somewhere about how rude the admissions staff at Temple are. I don't know if this helps, but they received my application on 11/25 and my status checker went to complete on 12/2. I don't know if there is a longer delay for you since you applied later, but I would call the school again (since they didn't get your name the first time, they won't know you're calling back), and tell them that you want to make sure that you do not need to send any additional information. I have had to call a few schools, and most of them are polite and check the file, and inform me that my file is complete. However, I did not have to do this with Temple, so I am not sure how they will respond.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

Captain Beefaroni

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »
I've been complete since 11.13 - still no decision.  Maybe they're just a little slow in Philly. 

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 05:42:46 PM »
I sent mine on Nov. 30th and was complete in Dec. 4th

Still waiting on a decision though

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 10:17:32 AM »
I was complete on 12/2, checked Status Checker yesterday (12/12), and found that status had changed to "Congratulations~ admitted" on 12/9.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 11:10:26 AM »
I guess that means I'll probably be hearing from them in the next few days

dagreat1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 04:36:28 PM »
Mine was done 10/23 and still no word. just says status complete. nova and temple seem to have the same status checker, or at least the same format. my nova one was completed in mid november and i've already been accepted, still nothing from temple....
Rutgers Camden. 2012

Dr. Foom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »
Yeah, mine's been complete since 10/27 and I haven't heard a peep from them since. Still haven't heard from Villanova as well, and I went complete there around the same time. Maybe Philly just hates me.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 07:34:42 AM »
Temple 3L here. Temple does rolling admissions, using a three-pile system, from what I know. If you're in the auto-admit pile, you may hear from them quickly. If you're in the "no way" pile, you may hear from them quickly, but they may also build a stack of rejects before shipping the letters out. If you're in the "review by the committee" pile, you could wait quite a while for your decision; I'd guess six to twelve weeks.

I've had a very positive experience with Temple staff in my three years here. Remember, these folks deal with the worst of the worst on a daily basis -- law students and law school applicants. We're demanding folks, and the beginning of the semester is a very busy part of the year.

If I were the OP, I'd call back, give my name, ask whether my file is complete, and offer to do anything reqd to get it complete. Temple receives over 4000 apps a year; it can get hectic. The OP is right to get it all in line. And after a reasonable period of time, if one's app remains incomplete, call to get it resolved.