Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Calling...  (Read 465 times)

alexjudka

• View Profile
    • Email
Calling...
« on: January 09, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »
I just had a question. I think that its frowned upon, but I just want to check to make sure...I have a few friends who sent in apps to similar schools a bit after me with similar stats and have heard back from said schools over the past 2 or 3 weeks. I however, despite sending out the apps and going complete earlier, have not heard back. Would it be entirely bad to call the admissions office and question the status of my applications? Thanks!!

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Calling...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 03:01:45 PM »
I just had a question. I think that its frowned upon, but I just want to check to make sure...I have a few friends who sent in apps to similar schools a bit after me with similar stats and have heard back from said schools over the past 2 or 3 weeks. I however, despite sending out the apps and going complete earlier, have not heard back. Would it be entirely bad to call the admissions office and question the status of my applications? Thanks!!

Yeah, there's nothing really to be gained from this. They won't tell you anything and you'll come off as crazy and neurotic. If you're complete, you're complete, and there's nothing you can really do unless they contact you first.

BurtsBees

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 03:51:39 PM »
edit

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 01:36:10 AM »
Just take a deep breath.  I had the exact same neurotic thoughts as you when I was waiting to hear back.  You will find out.  Just be patient.  Most likely the school has reviewed your file, has been unable to come to a decision, and set a later review date for you.  Your friends may  have heard back because they were significantly stronger or weaker applicants, thereby receiving immediate acceptances or rejections, respectively.
_______
.|E|R|S.