Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Sopranos  (Read 2733 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Sopranos
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 04:09:50 PM »
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »
Right!  But then she kind of faded away. 

She sure did . . .

:D

Maybe I should go back to good old Ainsley. 
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 04:29:06 PM »
Right, so I don't think it is totally biased against Republican ideas.  The "public schools should be like cathedrals" stuff is really just liberal idealism -- it is good rhetoric and can't be taken too seriously. 

I remember WW generally being against teachers' unions, too.  Like Santos only got the nomination after Bartlett strong-armed the teachers' union thug. 

And what about Ainsley Hayes? She got in some good licks and kicked Sam's butt repeatedly.

She started out well, but at the end of her debut episode, she chastized her friends and defended all the liberals as patriots 'n such.  She remained a republic (the real ID of her character), although she never again expressed conservative ideas.  Basically, she was the smart hardcore republican who came to love the liberals. 

She was a better conservative character than the guy Bartlett beat (the Bush character), but they never had a smart competent conservative with integrity who didn't remain an enemy of the Bartlett administration.  As much as I loved the show, it was a lot like G.I. Joe.  The Democrats were moral and intelligent while the Republicans were nefarious and bufoons.  And in the end, the good guys always won. 

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
Right, so I don't think it is totally biased against Republican ideas.  The "public schools should be like cathedrals" stuff is really just liberal idealism -- it is good rhetoric and can't be taken too seriously. 

I remember WW generally being against teachers' unions, too.  Like Santos only got the nomination after Bartlett strong-armed the teachers' union thug. 

And what about Ainsley Hayes? She got in some good licks and kicked Sam's butt repeatedly.

She started out well, but at the end of her debut episode, she chastized her friends and defended all the liberals as patriots 'n such.  She remained a republic (the real ID of her character), although she never again expressed conservative ideas.  Basically, she was the smart hardcore republican who came to love the liberals. 

She was a better conservative character than the guy Bartlett beat (the Bush character), but they never had a smart competent conservative with integrity who didn't remain an enemy of the Bartlett administration.  As much as I loved the show, it was a lot like G.I. Joe.  The Democrats were moral and intelligent while the Republicans were nefarious and bufoons.  And in the end, the good guys always won. 

Well, I don't know about that.  As I said, the show (and Bartlett by extension) respected Vinick, and Ainsley did have a few good jabs at Sam in Season 2 (or 3?).  It wasn't just one episode. 
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.