Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Sopranos  (Read 2801 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Sopranos
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 03:49:45 AM »
It's not supposed to embarrass you.  I just thought the, there will always be more marches! quote was funny.   

Hey, I didn't use an exclamation point (there)!

I'm going to start on BSG soon.  I think after my retreat this weekend.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 11:25:04 AM »
I agree on the Sopranos decline.

Speaking of shows we both like that kinda went down the shitter....I finally brought myself to watch post-Sorkin West Wing.  I think 5 really sucked.  I think 6 and 7 have been better, but it's still crazy how it's like a completely different show from 1-4.  I'm about halfway done with 7 now....waiting for Sam to come back.

Quit watching now.  How bad the West Wing gets will put you into a 2-month depression.  It went from a show that I loved to one that I wish would be put out of its misery.

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 12:53:51 PM »
7 is OK.  It gets a little slow after the campaign ends, but curiosity will be enough to keep you on till the end. 

You'll like BSG, P.  Starbuck reminds me of you! 
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 02:19:55 PM »
\

:D  Either I'm thinking of the wrong person or she has an unexpectedly and extremely dorky personality.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 03:14:01 PM »
\

:D  Either I'm thinking of the wrong person or she has an unexpectedly and extremely dorky personality.

Ha, well...she is determined and talented!  I'm thinking specifically of the 5th episode from season 1.  I will watch that tonight instead of Lost. 
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 03:15:11 PM »
::blushes::

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 06:27:53 PM »
I really started to lose interest following Rob Lowe's departure.  I thought that Will Bailey character was a net negative.

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 09:09:46 PM »
7 is OK.  It gets a little slow after the campaign ends, but curiosity will be enough to keep you on till the end. 

So were you rooting for Vinick because he's probably closer to your politics, or Santos because our West Wing friends work for him?

Oh, definitely Vinick.  Partly because it would have been interesting to have a right-wing West Wing-type series, and partly because if somebody like him actually got the Republican nomination for president, I would drop whatever I was doing and go work for him. 

I thought Will was OK -- very earnest!  His character just suffered because he didn't get the full benefit of Sorkin's writing. 

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 10:17:04 PM »
The only thing that bothered me with the show is that it's a left wing dream.  The right wing always comes off as of moderate intelligence and conniving.  It's like the good guys defeat the evil conservatives all the time.  I'm a conservative democrat and feel that many of the very legitimate conservative positions are marginalized.

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 10:30:07 PM »
The only thing that bothered me with the show is that it's a left wing dream.  The right wing always comes off as of moderate intelligence and conniving.  It's like the good guys defeat the evil conservatives all the time.  I'm a conservative democrat and feel that many of the very legitimate conservative positions are marginalized.

Right, but I don't think Vinick fit into that mold.  He always seemed smarter than Santos.