Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NORTHWESTERN?????  (Read 595 times)

diamondbaby

• View Profile
    • Email
NORTHWESTERN?????
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:15:01 PM »
It seems like Northwestern is the only school that didn't release any acceptance/rejection.
Why is it taking so long? it drives me crazy.
What's in their minds?
LSAT 173 GPA 2.8 Hoping for U of M, UPEN, Northwestern and U of V

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Re: NORTHWESTERN?????
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 05:34:01 PM »
They didn't even start reviewing applications until Dec. 1.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 05:40:58 PM »
Yes, and in the email you should have received, they stated that if you were complete before that time, expect 8 weeks for a decision.

Calm down.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »
No, wait I know what it means. Northwestern has decided that in light of THIS ECONOMY, they can no longer afford to be in the legal education business. They will not accept anyone this year, and plan to begin selling off buildings right after they send everyone home. [END SARCASM]

NO ONE has gotten an acceptence yet (as far as I can tell) that says nothing about whether you will be or not.

If you want to get into their heads, they probably decided to wait until they had a good number of applications so they could compare them and try to build a CLASS. Also, I would guess, given NW's reputation for business focus and liking for people with work experience that in the current economic environment they have an even greater increase in applicants this year than other schools. Many of whom may have MBAs from Kellogg School of business, which is after all, right next door.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 01:49:01 AM »
No, wait I know what it means. Northwestern has decided that in light of THIS ECONOMY, they can no longer afford to be in the legal education business. They will not accept anyone this year, and plan to begin selling off buildings right after they send everyone home. [END SARCASM]

NO ONE has gotten an acceptence yet (as far as I can tell) that says nothing about whether you will be or not.

If you want to get into their heads, they probably decided to wait until they had a good number of applications so they could compare them and try to build a CLASS. Also, I would guess, given NW's reputation for business focus and liking for people with work experience that in the current economic environment they have an even greater increase in applicants this year than other schools. Many of whom may have MBAs from Kellogg School of business, which is after all, right next door.

I've seen anecdotal evidence on TLS that northwestern's reported applications on LSN are actually down this year (I believe the person who figured this out took the ratio from full application to G-town to NW last year, and applied that ratio to this cycle a this moment. maybe that means G-town is up) Don't know what that means or if it is true, but I wish they'd hurry up and waitlist me so I can get on with my life.