Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sidley Winter Gift  (Read 2370 times)

climbingstars34

• View Profile
    • Email
Sidley Winter Gift
« on: January 06, 2009, 03:39:17 PM »
Any 2L's going to Sidley this coming summer receive so much as an email?  I heard almost every firm sent something out to their incoming SA's, even if it was just an e-card.  What about Sidley?

ksully

• View Profile
Re: Sidley Winter Gift
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 04:14:06 PM »
Don't feel too bad. This firm recently contacted all its incoming associates, and I doubt anyone was looking forward to it.

http://abovethelaw.com/2009/01/a_would-have-been_thacherite_s.php#more

climbingstars34

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »
Yes, thank goodness I didn't accept that offer.  Anyway, the reason I ask is not because I'm crying over not receiving a nice box of cookies and cocoa, it's actually because I haven't heard from them since accepting my offer and I'm being a little paranoid. Thank you for reminding me how grateful to be.  :)

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 09:02:44 AM »
Yes, thank goodness I didn't accept that offer.  Anyway, the reason I ask is not because I'm crying over not receiving a nice box of cookies and cocoa, it's actually because I haven't heard from them since accepting my offer and I'm being a little paranoid. Thank you for reminding me how grateful to be.  :)

This seems to be the norm this year.  I, too, have only heard from my firm a couple of times since accepting my offer.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »
I know when I got my SA position, I really didnt hear anything back after I accepted till the January/February (besides the little gift).  So, I wouldnt worry about not receiving any emails/calls as they probably havent really started inprocessing yet. I am not at Sidley but wouldnt imagine they would differ too much.

daylighthasbroken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 11:50:01 AM »
Any 2L's going to Sidley this coming summer receive so much as an email?  I heard almost every firm sent something out to their incoming SA's, even if it was just an e-card.  What about Sidley?

I was told back in the fall that the firm would contact us in late January/early February with more information about the summer.  Nothing outside of that, which is fine (I suppose a nice email reassurance of "yes, you still have a job this summer" would be awesome, but unnecessary).