Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sequence of Events question  (Read 352 times)

kingofcool

• View Profile
Sequence of Events question
« on: January 06, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »
I've decided to retake the lsat in feb.  I haven't sent out any applications yet but was planning on writing my personal statements and sending out apps in the next few days.  Should I continue with that plan or should I wait until march and get my second lsat score back?  Should I def. get applications out before march but not be in a huge rush?  Also, have I screwed myself for not getting apps in already?

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Sequence of Events question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 12:10:53 PM »
Aren't most of your deadlines before March? I know mine are.

You should get your applications in ASAP. It usually takes a week or so for them to go complete (Vandy took me almost a month), so your application probably won't even be reviewed until February. At that point, law schools will have filled a large portion of their incoming classes, so you're at a big disadvantage, especially if your numbers aren't great.

kingofcool

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »
When they say the deadline is 3/1 that's just for my written app write?  They will accept lsat scores sent after that?

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 12:29:44 PM »
You should check the websites of the schools to which you are applying to see if they will accept your February score. Many schools won't.

You're also at a huge disadvantage applying in February/March. You'll get likely rejected/waitlisted from some schools you would have gotten into had you applied earlier in the cycle.