Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: On Line Law -any one know anything about it  (Read 1015 times)

Shea

• View Profile
On Line Law -any one know anything about it
« on: January 05, 2009, 05:39:38 PM »
Hoping someone can offer a viable solution or at least a recomendation.  Iam a Single mom that currently lives in a city where no part time school law program is an option. I work full time and travel 70% of my job as a National Director. Law school is something I have been considering for many years but due to the above restraints I continue to put off the goal based on the above. Being a person that doesnt give up easily I am now t the point of considering a ONLINE Law programs as the only real solution for me but my concern is that there is no online program worth the effort/money/degree. I know nothing about these programs. Am I wrong, are they not worth the paper the degree is written on? Does any one know anything about online school law programs?? Thanks in advance!

mikefear

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: On Line Law -any one know anything about it
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »
Hoping someone can offer a viable solution or at least a recomendation.  Iam a Single mom that currently lives in a city where no part time school law program is an option. I work full time and travel 70% of my job as a National Director. Law school is something I have been considering for many years but due to the above restraints I continue to put off the goal based on the above. Being a person that doesnt give up easily I am now t the point of considering a ONLINE Law programs as the only real solution for me but my concern is that there is no online program worth the effort/money/degree. I know nothing about these programs. Am I wrong, are they not worth the paper the degree is written on? Does any one know anything about online school law programs?? Thanks in advance!
None are accredited by the ABA, though you can sit for the California bar after completing some of them and then after passing the cali bar you can sit for other bars.

AlisaGreenstein

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: On Line Law -any one know anything about it
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 02:30:50 PM »
As a mom myself, I can certainly relate to your predicament.  Unfortunately, none of those online law schools are accredited by the ABA, so it would not be worth your time to do any of those programs.  My suggestion is to wait until you can attend an ABA-accredited law school and give it your full attention.  Best of luck!

Alisa Greenstein | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant | www.VeritasPrep.com/law