Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UF 3L - Will Answer Questions  (Read 4095 times)

aspiring_blood_sucker

• View Profile
Re: UF 3L - Will Answer Questions
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 11:00:14 AM »
Does a JD from UF offer any IP opportunities? Do you know of any recent grads landing IP-related legal jobs?

thanks in advance.

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »
Does a JD from UF offer any IP opportunities? Do you know of any recent grads landing IP-related legal jobs?

thanks in advance.

UF has good IP classes, and I know of some graduates who are working in IP (one in California, some in Florida/Atlanta/DC/NYC). However, there is nothing in particular to recommend UF's IP program over other similarly situated schools. Plus the usual cavets apply (science background, engineering degree- computer science doesn't really cut it).

misbuble

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »
need ibruprophin or whatever

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 02:09:03 PM »
Marble Slab, what part of the gator/seminole rivalry precludes immaturity. I think it's funny how a fsu/uf rivalry doesn't translate into law school. Fortunately, I'd never attend either's law school. Do you go to UF? If you are a 1L, chances are that I know a bunch of your classmates. Of course, if your a Boalt student I don't know any of your classmates unfortunately :(

Personally, I think the whole immaturity thing is well documented. Trying to call out someone who currently has the job that you aspire to, when you haven't even started law school, is a mark of that. Please feel free to continue posting when your resume catches up to your ego.

misbuble

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 02:14:33 PM »
i have a headache

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »
Look, I'm not humor adverse. Feel free to point out anything you'd like about UF/FSU (I don't call it a rivalry because, really, just having a few also-rans at Free Shoes think they're in the same league does not a rivalry make).

What I infer from your comments is that a person who so quickly retreats into "Nah nah I go to a good school" when they haven't sniffed the inside of a law school classroom, let alone taken an exam, written an order for a judge, or billed a single hour to a client- well, that person has a lot to learn. And it takes more than a "way, way better" school to teach you that.

misbuble

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »
Surely it does. And I'll give UF this decade, but 90's were FSU's golden days...Thus, a legit rivalry. If our players stopped getting arrested perhaps we'd have a chance. Also if Tim Tebag decided to make one of his missionary trips permanant, that would help... Whats with the bible verses under his eyes? I mean get real. I'm 99% sure he denies evolution. Of course, Bush supposedly thinks there's still to be a final word... He'll make a fantastic FB in the NFL though.

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 10:35:51 PM »
Well, when we're all wearing flannels and listening to grunge again, then we can call it a rivalry. Until that point, a yearly beatdown is not a rivalry- it's more of an excuse for people in Gainesville to marvel at the arrest records of FSU players and wonder when ol' Bobby is going to be put out to pasture. Right now, this is a "rivalry" in the sense that the yearly Yankees/Royals matchups are a rivalry; while I am sure they mean a lot to one set of fans, the other set of fans has their eyes set on bigger things.

misbuble

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 08:29:42 AM »
I unfortunately can not argue with that...You win this round Loki.

jpin22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2009, 06:24:52 PM »
First of all thanks for answering questions. UF is my #1 school and i just had a few questions. What do you think my chances of getting in are: 3.45 152/165 (somewhat medical reason for the discrepancy of scores put in an addendum) a solid PS and only 1 LOR.

Where would you recommend living? How much would a 3/3 house or apartment cost per person?

What would you recommend doing over the summer to prepare for law school (any books or skills to work on)?

Any good sushi and pizza places (pretty much all i eat)?

What are the class schedule like 1st year ? From your posts i take it the first year is the most important grade wise?

Im applying late in the cycle, and though im above the 75th LSAT im still worried about getting in. Thanks