Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1L at Hofstra Law willing to take questions  (Read 9822 times)

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1L at Hofstra Law willing to take questions
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 02:56:26 PM »
The Curve is between a 3.0 and 3.2 except for your small section which can't exceed a 3.3. See this website for more information. http://law.hofstra.edu/StudentLife/StudentAffairs/Handbook/stuhb_chapter_06.html#acad_reg

As for prepping, I did not do anything over summer. I just came in with my basic legal information that i have gained through the years but nothing in particular. If you do not have a difficult time understanding concepts, then I don't think you need to prep. If it takes you a while, then you might want to get a head start. However, I will caution those that want to go ahead, that you do not know what your teacher will be covering in the class or which semester if it is a year long class, so you have the possibility of learning something that you will not need. If you are really bored, maybe read one of those general law school books like getting to maybe which my friend recommended but i did not read. I also do not wish I did, because I did very well without prepping.

Any other questions?

Glad to hear you like Hofstra. I definitely liked the teachers who I spoke with when I was there for a few days on campus. Part of me wishes I had stayed and went, but another part of me is glad I didn't because even if I end up back at Hofstra after taking the LSATs again, I want it be on my terms with all of my personal ish taken care of. Let us know how you do grades wise. Wish you the best of luck my man.

beinlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 02:52:36 AM »
How hard is it to get off a waitlist? Also, is the waitlist random or is there an order to the waitlist?

Thanks!

bryan9584

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 12:01:46 PM »
I'm not sure how hard it is to get off the full time waitlist, but I know that some of my friends got in real late for the PT day program. Also, I"d recommend sending in any letters of interest if you strongly want to come here and your final grades/transcript (if its not better). Best of luck