Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just finished 1L first semester...should I keep my notes and outlines?  (Read 3469 times)

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
Re: Just finished 1L first semester...should I keep my notes and outlines?
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 11:18:54 PM »
Personally, I find the best course of action is to print out copies of all of your outlines. Then, have those copies bronzed. In the future, once each year, five minutes after midnight, by the flickering light of a candle, you will look over those callow words you wrote in those long-distant days when you traded in your youth for power and money.

Then, and only then, should you finish off the remainder of your armagnac and finish the bloodletting of the associate who completed the lowest billables for the year. Perhaps someday, many years from now, a cheeky young associate will find these notes and ponder how this heartless partner could have ever pondered if a contract with God was enforceable....

and then you will unleash the hounds.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 11:20:10 PM »
Personally, I find the best course of action is to print out copies of all of your outlines. Then, have those copies bronzed. In the future, once each year, five minutes after midnight, by the flickering light of a candle, you will look over those callow words you wrote in those long-distant days when you traded in your youth for power and money.

Then, and only then, should you finish off the remainder of your armagnac and finish the bloodletting of the associate who completed the lowest billables for the year. Perhaps someday, many years from now, a cheeky young associate will find these notes and ponder how this heartless partner could have ever pondered if a contract with God was enforceable....

and then you will unleash the hounds.

lol.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 04:29:46 PM »
I'd keep them for Bar Review purposes. Even though you will be studying Barbri, there may be stuff in your notes and outlines that will help you remember or understand the material more thoroughly (like hypos/examples).