Law School Discussion

Having a pet while in law school - a problem?

Re: Having a pet while in law school - a problem?
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 07:11:27 AM »
LOL...

I know you're genuinely concerned, so if I sound flip, I apologize in advance. 

My wife and I had our first child in November, two weeks before the start of exams.  I haven't gotten my grades yet, but (knock on wood) I'm fairly confident.  If I can do it with a little one, you can do it with a cat.  I promise...

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 09:36:44 AM »
I'm with MidWesternPleb. Law school keeps you busy, but it's not THAT bad. I'm a 3L who's made it this far with 2 big dogs and a cat. Before LS I was a grown up with a crazy job and 2 big dogs and 2 cats. Before that I was a graduate student with  2 big dogs and . . . well, you get the idea. When I worked in D.C. 1L summer they came with me, when I went home to NY for 2L summer they came with me (and I used some of that SA dough to hire a daily dog walker). There are always going to be hassles with being a pet owner whether you're working or going to school. It really comes down to knowing yourself and weighing the costs/benefits. 

Cabra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 02:03:03 PM »
Cute animals are essential to law school survival--they help you relax, stop thinking, and recharge.

If I didn't have cats of my own, I'd spend about 2 hours a day looking at videos of kittens and bulldog puppies on youtube. Instead of watching hours of live puppy cam (like most law students do), I can throw a string at my cats for 10 minutes and get the same result. My cats actually *save* me time.

sheltron5000

• All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 03:12:59 PM »
Cute animals are essential to law school survival--they help you relax, stop thinking, and recharge.

If I didn't have cats of my own, I'd spend about 2 hours a day looking at videos of kittens and bulldog puppies on youtube. Instead of watching hours of live puppy cam (like most law students do), I can throw a string at my cats for 10 minutes and get the same result. My cats actually *save* me time.

I like the way you think!