Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Having a pet while in law school - a problem?  (Read 1717 times)

MidWesternPleb

• View Profile
Re: Having a pet while in law school - a problem?
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 09:11:27 AM »
LOL...

I know you're genuinely concerned, so if I sound flip, I apologize in advance. 

My wife and I had our first child in November, two weeks before the start of exams.  I haven't gotten my grades yet, but (knock on wood) I'm fairly confident.  If I can do it with a little one, you can do it with a cat.  I promise...

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 11:36:44 AM »
I'm with MidWesternPleb. Law school keeps you busy, but it's not THAT bad. I'm a 3L who's made it this far with 2 big dogs and a cat. Before LS I was a grown up with a crazy job and 2 big dogs and 2 cats. Before that I was a graduate student with  2 big dogs and . . . well, you get the idea. When I worked in D.C. 1L summer they came with me, when I went home to NY for 2L summer they came with me (and I used some of that SA dough to hire a daily dog walker). There are always going to be hassles with being a pet owner whether you're working or going to school. It really comes down to knowing yourself and weighing the costs/benefits. 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 04:03:03 PM »
Cute animals are essential to law school survival--they help you relax, stop thinking, and recharge.

If I didn't have cats of my own, I'd spend about 2 hours a day looking at videos of kittens and bulldog puppies on youtube. Instead of watching hours of live puppy cam (like most law students do), I can throw a string at my cats for 10 minutes and get the same result. My cats actually *save* me time.
CLS 2011

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »
Cute animals are essential to law school survival--they help you relax, stop thinking, and recharge.

If I didn't have cats of my own, I'd spend about 2 hours a day looking at videos of kittens and bulldog puppies on youtube. Instead of watching hours of live puppy cam (like most law students do), I can throw a string at my cats for 10 minutes and get the same result. My cats actually *save* me time.

I like the way you think!
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.