Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: White Attendance @ HBCU's (motives)  (Read 11266 times)

byron2008

• View Profile
Re: White Attendance @ HBCU's (motives)
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 05:20:50 PM »
Stole Your Nose I appreciate your response, although I was not shocked that racist black people attacked me for my expressing my views on affirmative action. As you correctly pointed out, AA discriminates against one race (or sex) at the expense of another. Whether or not the race happens to be a minority or majority is completely irrelevant to the obvious fact that all forms of discrimination are wrong. AA is also somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy. If minorities continue to advocate special treatment and privileges for themselves, how will they ever view themselves or be viewed by society as whole as equal to the majority? AA also reflects poorly on schools who sacrifice better qualified students on the altar of political correctness. As far as the "systematic discrimination by large corporations" suffered by blacks that AgreetoDisagree alludes to, I would be interested to know which corporations he/she is referring to. Slavery is over, the civil rights movement was successful, and there isn't a country anywhere in the world where blacks have a better overall quality of life they have here in the USA. The notion of perpetual persecution is a tired one, it's time to move forward and identify yourself not as a member of a specific race, but as an American.

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 02:17:30 AM »
Well Mr. Byron, if you would look up American in the dictionary it reads: Originally applied to the aboriginal inhabitants, but now applied to the descendants of Europeans born in America, and especially to the citizens of the United States. So what category do you fall into?

Moreover,I don't use society's or anyone else's lens to define my equality in comparison to the majority community. The fact that affirmitive was implemented bespeaks its necessity. Clarence Thomas denounces AA as well (like yourself). However, he wouldn't be where he is today without AA. He (like yourself) is the type to cross the bridge, then proceed to turn around and burn it. You talk about exclusively indentifying myself as an American, well, Mr.Byron, the only individuals who fall into that category are the Native Americans. If MLK and other civil rights leaders harbored a subscription to your whitewashed philosophy, black people would still be required by law to ride in the back of the bus and drink at the colored only water fountains. You suggest that it is time to move forward and develop historic amnesia, jettison the whole notion that racism doesn't exist, and just go along to get along. You are a disgrace, a boilerplate Uncle Tom. I feel sorry for you, and apologize for you on behalf of all black people and our plight.

Furthermore, I've am not a racist. I never implemented segregation, I've never lynched anyone, I've never describe a women's basketball team as "nappy-headed-hoes," I've never pulled over anyone for DWB, I never terrorized black neighborhoods by burning a cross, I've never called or thought to call a black person a n*gger, I've never decided to move out of a neighborhood because a few blacks have moved in, I've never paid a black person less money than a white person who performs the exact same job, I've never........................ ...
"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.

Stole Your Nose!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 07:51:40 AM »
Ignoring all of the other crap in your argument, you misquoted Websters (it starts of with a more inclusive definition, from Dictionary.com, which you clearly use.  But if you look it up on MirriamWebsters.com it says "1  : an American Indian of North America or South America   2  : a native or inhabitant of North America or South America   3  : a citizen of the United States") and you ignored the American Heritage dictionary. I think Byron can fit into at least one or two of those definitions, thanks.

Don't misquote the damn dictionary to win an argument.  That won't work out so well for you in court. Judges and opposing counsel also have access to the internet.

Kohinoor

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 10:56:42 AM »
AgreeToDisagree, the second the discussion became uncomfortable, you went straight to cross-burnings and Uncle Toms to shut the discussion down. Was Byron silly for making the nonsensical comment about gogo? Yes. Did that justify you calling his post a "5-point manifesto concerning why you're a black person born in a white person's body" Not at all. If you don't feel equipped to carry yourself in a debate, simply don't initiate the debate. Your response here was unacceptable.

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 04:39:14 PM »
Disclaimer: In my last post, I mistook Byron(white man, who thinks he identifies psychologically with a black man) for LawDog3 (Uncle Tom). I take full responsibility for this, I beg your pardons for confusing the two characters.

Stole Your Nose!: You claim I misquoted a dictionary definition. How am I misquoting the definition(I typed it verbatim)? Simply because I didn't include every dictionary under the sun does not mean the definition I used is invalid, or imaginary. Hell, I didn't write the definition, why are you lashing out at me? If anything, you should investigate who the responsible lexicographer is and proceed to lambaste him. You choose not to address the so-called "other crap" in the above argument because you choose to ignore it, you choose to see no evil, similar to previous whites who stood by idly as blacks were being killed and persecuted. Your type doesn't surprize me, actually you're playing to the script very well. Lastly Mr.Stole Your Nose!, spare me the lecture concerning courtroom strategy, or what type of electronic technology judges and opposing counsel have access to; you are no judge nor are you any type of counsel, perhaps you should engage in that type of commentary if and when you become qualified to do so.

Kohinoor: This discussion is in no way uncomfortable for me, I am in no way thin-skinned about what any supremist or racist has to say in this forum, as you and every American knows, you're entitled to your own opinion and belief. Furthermore Kohinoor, I did not label his manifesto exclusively because he decided to express some silly comment about gogo, tell you the truth, I didn't even know what he was referring to or talking about in that regard. However, Kohinoor, Byron also suggested that he fully understands what it means to be a black man in America, understands the plight of black people simply by having a few black acquaintances in his life, or loving the gogo. He suggests that he will automatically identify with the black students at Howard by virtue of this, which is completely erronneous. Kohinoor that's the principal reason why I said he is a white man who feels he's trapped in a black body. Lastly, you feel that my statement is unexceptable well....I'm sorry to disapoint you sir. As I mentioned above, we are all entited to our opinions and beliefs. If you're expecting an apology, don't hold your breath.

LawDog3: If you are not an Uncle Tom, then I stand corrected, and I rescind that particular statement about you.

Stole Your Nose!: You must have an obsession with me and whatever comment that I write. Everytime I make a comment you respond to it in nothing flat. Unequivocally hysterical. You're probley standing by waiting for me to post, thinking..... "I can't wait to negate that n*ggers arguments, write something!! Hurry!!!"
"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 05:31:35 PM »
Disclaimer: In my last post, I mistook Byron(white man, who thinks he identifies psychologically with a black man) for LawDog3 (Uncle Tom).

LawDog3: If you are not an Uncle Tom, then I stand corrected, and I rescind that particular statement about you.

I dare you to read ANY of my other posts and come back calling ME an Uncle ANYTHING!!! I irritate the hell out of the white students on this site! with all of my comments. I battle them more than anybody, and they will tell you that. Go to ANY of my comments. I am constantly puttin' it down for our people. Ask the whites on LSD who irritates them most out of the URM's, and my username will come up more than any...guaranteed. For you to call ME an Uncle Tom is akin to calling Michael Jordan a cripple.  :P :o >:( ;) 

byron2008

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 11:10:43 PM »
 "Byron suggested that he fully understands what it means to be a black man in America, understands the plight of black people simply by having a few black acquaintances in his life." Wow, I guess you don't understand what libel is yet, but you'd be in hot water making a ridiculous statement like that in your professional life. I only said that I identify with black people in the sense that I grew up around them and understand the culture. The go-go comment was an inside joke that nobody outside of the DC area will understand (you obviously didn't go to Howard). Again you talk about the "plight" of black people. Which plight are you referring to exactly? Minorities are more protected than the majority nowadays and I think you know that, and your cross-burning reference is only off by a decade or five, but that's alright. As I stated, you refuse to live in the real world and you won't drop the notion of perpetual persecution. And it's interesting that you mention Imus' "nappy headed hoes" comment, while of course failing to realize that the network he broadcasted on is the same one that owns BET and MTV, bastions of the reinforcement of negative racial stereotypes (glorifying black-on-black violence and drug dealing, objectifying black women). You apparently take no issue with that fact, nor the fact that the black community is doing itself a greater disservice than any Klan member or racist employer could ever do to by the way they portray themselves in popular culture. But of course it's easier to play the victim and always blame whitey, isn't it? Slavery ended 150 years ago, there's no more Jim Crow, a mulatto is president for God's sake. Your grievances are outdated!

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 11:21:58 PM »
"Byron suggested that he fully understands what it means to be a black man in America, understands the plight of black people simply by having a few black acquaintances in his life." Wow, I guess you don't understand what libel is yet, but you'd be in hot water making a ridiculous statement like that in your professional life. I only said that I identify with black people in the sense that I grew up around them and understand the culture. The go-go comment was an inside joke that nobody outside of the DC area will understand (you obviously didn't go to Howard). Again you talk about the "plight" of black people. Which plight are you referring to exactly? Minorities are more protected than the majority nowadays and I think you know that, and your cross-burning reference is only off by a decade or five, but that's alright. As I stated, you refuse to live in the real world and you won't drop the notion of perpetual persecution. And it's interesting that you mention Imus' "nappy headed hoes" comment, while of course failing to realize that the network he broadcasted on is the same one that owns BET and MTV, bastions of the reinforcement of negative racial stereotypes (glorifying black-on-black violence and drug dealing, objectifying black women). You apparently take no issue with that fact, nor the fact that the black community is doing itself a greater disservice than any Klan member or racist employer could ever do to by the way they portray themselves in popular culture. But of course it's easier to play the victim and always blame whitey, isn't it? Slavery ended 150 years ago, there's no more Jim Crow, a mulatto is president for God's sake. Your grievances are outdated!

Mulatto?  Interesting word choice.  Also, can you explain the first bolded portion?

BTW, Obama's presidency means absolutely zero in trying to refute that there is still racism in America.  Additionally, cross burning isn't an outdated reference point either (unless 2008 is outdated): http://www.nypost.com/seven/11072008/news/regionalnews/o_cross_burning_137570.htm

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 05:38:50 PM »
"But we as blacks and people of color would be appalled if a white law school lamented a significant rise in Black students and proclaimed that something had to be done about it. It may be difficult to accept, but we must live as we ask others to live. HBCU's can serve their mission if we improve the conditions of our homes and schools. Black students must come prepared to compete...and if we are able to compete, we will be rewarded.

HBCU's will continue to serve the Black community. That more white students are being exposed to Black culture and Black students, thus, a richer diversity of experiences, is a GOOD thing. We should welcome them into our schools and not be afraid...as we have long been asking them to do for us. If we are going to progress into a more pluralistic society, we must continue to use our voices, strive for excellence, and lead by example.

LOL! Did I just write that idealistic psycho-babble?     
"

LawDog: What is written above is the principle reason behind why the blip on the Uncle Tom radar appeared. The above seemed sort of Uncle Tomesque. Futhermore, I wrote....If you are not an Uncle Tom......the key word is if. Sorry to upset you brotha'.

Byron: You foolish white man. Claiming libel? If you grow up around a group of people, wouldn't those people be considered acquaintances? I guess not. Furthermore I used the term suggessted, I didn't quote you verbatim,you used tangential language, I simply sliced through your attempted charade.
Minorities are more protected than the majority nowadays Yes, you could be right..I mean just ask any grand wizard. Matter of fact, a grand wizard used that exact same line in the film A Time To Kill. Perhaps if you wind up at Howard, or encounter the black people that you claim to have grown up around, perhaps you should express that sentiment, and discover for yourself what water's temperature you find yourself in.
 Mr. Byron, bless your heart... the network that Imus broadcasted on is not responsible for what inexplicable racial slurs come out of his mouth no more than the golf channel where kelly tillman uttered racists remarks about Tiger Woods ("lynch him in the back alley"). Moreover, I suppose there's no bat-eating, satanic rock stars on MTV, or any star by the name of Marilyn Manson who MTV and VH1 choose to air. Once again, Byron, you are not black, you never will be, no matter how many black people you claim to know, you have never been in the trenches with the black community, so when I comes to speaking about the black commmunity and "identifying" you should be quiet.
You simply want to pretend that racism is fiction; I'd consider it a bonus if you didn't think the scurrilous New York Post cartoon's (by Sean Delonas) dipiction of President Obama as a bullet-filled chimpanzee to be racist, and this occured yesterday, don't speak about racism being outdated. The more you speak, the more you reveal that your heart is imbued with racism, no matter how much you try to obfuscate.

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 06:01:56 PM »
Whitney,

Thank you for the cross burning link. Completely repugnant, however, I'm not surprised.