Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: White Attendance @ HBCU's (motives)  (Read 11367 times)

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
White Attendance @ HBCU's (motives)
« on: January 01, 2009, 04:33:52 PM »
"I visited North Carolina Central Law last week. It's a tier-four HBC in Durham, NC. (I live in the area, and am applying to other schools in the area.) I am looking at NCCU primarily for minority status." -Taft52

I am soo tired of white people's neurotic necessity to apply to HBCU's in some ignoramus attempt at "minority status." The reason it is characterized as an Historically Black College or University is because not too long ago in America, black people were barred from obtaining a legal profession due to the majority communities xenophobic,racist, supremist mentality. Subsequently, blacks had no choice but to open HBCU's fueled by dogged strength, by the desire to be educated, despite the racist status-quo. There are many qualified black people who could be there attaining a quality legal education in lieu of individuals like yourself who are looking at NCCU primarily for minority status. I guess it's another illustration of blacksploitation, only this time you don't want diamonds, natural resourced or slave labor.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DXK/is_9_20/ai_104521280?tag=content;col1

I'm not sure if any even care to integrate their brain with the Ada Lois Sipuel case (I'm sure some of you would rather just turn the blind eye and deaf ear, pretend to yourself that facts such as these are not, and have never been important). Her case is one of the principle reasons why HBCU's were created. Also, she wasn't trying to attend OU School of Law in an attempt at "minority status" but rather to gain a quality legal education. See the difference? And please believe, the chair that was marked "colored" separated from the white students in the class, was separated with barbed wire.

http://www.aaregistry.com/african_american_history/1921/Ada_Lois_Sipuel_Fisher_an_Oklahoma_legend

"The daily life of the Negro is still lived in the basement of the Great Society. He is still at the bottom despite the few who have penetrated to slightly higher levels. Even where the door has been forced partially open, mobility for the Negro is still sharply restricted. There is often no bottom at which to start, and when there is, there almost always no room at the top."-Dr.Martin Luther King,Jr.

"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
Re: White Attendance @ HBCU's (motives)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »
I prefer HBCU's not by virtue of any ulterior motives, but because I want to be taught by black professors and be around black people. That does not make me a racist.

No, you're racist because you generalize negative personality characteristics about white people that aren't true, and you use individual examples to extrapolate to the entire group. 

Ohh ok! I agree with you! I agree with you 100% Matter of fact, racism has never existed in America, it doesn't exist now, just pardon my off-base extrapolation. Racism is just a figment of my imagination, just a real as the Boogie Man or say, Santa Claus. Forgive me.

I am officially confused.  Officially.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 01:33:55 AM »
I am officially confused.  Officially.

That makes two of us, vap.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 05:07:22 AM »
"Yet what I suppose what seems to us confusion is not confusion, but the form of forms, the serpent's tail stuck down the serpent's throat..."
-Robert Frost
"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 09:44:55 AM »
and the op changed his name  :D

eta:  did taft52 ever indicate that he was white?  anywhere?  or was that simply assumed?
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
Why recap when you can leave the posts up? Furthermore both sides of the argument should be able to be viewed.

Wow personal attacks right and left. Maybe that is all you have been reduced to. I'm starting to question what type of substances your "nose" abuses. I mean you've made so-called points, why do you feel so compelled to enter this thread and manifest your inner beliefs about black people?

p.s. don't expect me to dignify your ignorance with responses in furtherance. I suggest you find somthing better to do with your time(perhaps find a front lawn to burn a cross on).

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 12:47:32 PM »
but wouldnt a urm bump still be applicable to a hbc application?  isnt that a federal requirement? dont know the answer to that one.  but from taft52's original post, nowhere does he explicitly SAY this. 

before making such an accusation, even if logical, i think it would be appropriate to do a bit more research. 

jsia

JD

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
I can see I didn't miss much.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »

lol was there anything here to begin with?   :D

JD

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 12:16:24 AM »

lol was there anything here to begin with?   :D

The evidence of substantial deletion lent it an air of mystery. :D