Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: White Attendance @ HBCU's (motives)  (Read 11413 times)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: White Attendance @ HBCU's (motives)
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2009, 07:12:32 AM »
Either edit the civil rights' preachers' comments as being racist and discriminatory or spend a year overseas in a country where black people face real prejudice and discrimination. Learn how to speak Spanish or Portuguese. Even better, learn how to speak the language of the African tribes that fought against and captured members of rival  tribes and subsequently sold them to European slave drivers for arms. Then speak to me about racism and prejudice and the meaning of words. While you're at it, explain to me how your people have had it worse than the millions of Native Americans of this land who have been systematically slaughtered. The black card is pathetic.

You are, truly, phenomenally stupid.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Stole Your Nose!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2009, 08:54:02 AM »
Byron's an idiot, but I can't believe that you guys are oh-so-worked up about the world mulatto (which actually is acceptable to many people and in many places, although I get why it ticked folks off), but not with the throwing the KKK around, telling me to get back to apparently my hobby of burning crosses, and imputing the n-word to others like it ain't no thing.  Come on; that's pretty shameful. The "I have black friends!" argument is pretty sad, but its clearly less outrageous than the "Give me my forty acres and a mule before you go put your white sheets on!" schpiel that the most offensive person on the board is spewing.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2009, 09:27:49 AM »
I agree that it was out of line, but I don't find it personally offensive in the same way that calling MA "mulatta" is. I generally find that inappropriately accusing someone of being a racist is less offensive, objectively, than inappropriately being a racist (or throwing racist terms and ideas around for whatever reason).* In other words, I'm fairly immune to the charms of the race-card card. But I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt, and I do agree that it was inappropriate.

Just for the record, you're not defending a resident of the United States using the word mulatto knowingly/unironically and calling a peer "Mulatta," are you?

*Upon further reflection, the second use of the word "inappropriately" in this sentence is redundant, but I'll keep it for parallel-structure reasons.
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Stole Your Nose!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2009, 09:44:20 AM »
Wow.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2009, 10:08:02 AM »
I wasn't being facetious. I don't know what you're Carolyn Hax-ing about.
This sig kills fascists.

Stole Your Nose!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2009, 10:15:20 AM »
I get that you weren't being facetious; that's why the "wow."

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »
It's not an uncommon opinion. Try googling "race card card."
This sig kills fascists.

Stole Your Nose!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2009, 10:51:22 AM »
I understand the concept. I am just shocked that you seem to support the AgreetoDisagree's mindless drivel and constant KKK references.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
I am just as shocked at your inability to read the multiple times where I expressly said I thought it was inappropriate and out of line.
This sig kills fascists.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2009, 03:46:14 PM »
Either edit the civil rights' preachers' comments as being racist and discriminatory or spend a year overseas in a country where black people face real prejudice and discrimination. Learn how to speak Spanish or Portuguese. Even better, learn how to speak the language of the African tribes that fought against and captured members of rival  tribes and subsequently sold them to European slave drivers for arms. Then speak to me about racism and prejudice and the meaning of words. While you're at it, explain to me how your people have had it worse than the millions of Native Americans of this land who have been systematically slaughtered. The black card is pathetic.

You are, truly, phenomenally stupid.

+1000000000000

I understand the concept. I am just shocked that you seem to support the AgreetoDisagree's mindless drivel and constant KKK references.

Speaking just for myself, I don't agree with what AtD is saying at all.  The difference to me is that I think byron is serious in his stupidity, whereas I believe AtD is just trolling.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French