Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why is LSD failing to TLS?  (Read 22960 times)

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Why is LSD failing to TLS?
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2009, 11:27:49 PM »
We're not assholes, you dullard.  The clueless dipshits on TLS just like to circle jerk about their TTTs, while we have some idea of which law schools place well and are worth the investment.

Maybe not the best way to win over supporters.  ;)
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2009, 11:32:40 PM »
We're not assholes, you dullard.  The clueless dipshits on TLS just like to circle jerk about their TTTs, while we have some idea of which law schools place well and are worth the investment.

::) ::) Way to prove his point there.

When push comes to shove, the people on TLS are pretty clueless about everything except the admissions process. Yes, if you have a question about how to submit LORs or write an addendum about getting a DUI, you will get 10 answers on TLS essentially telling you the same thing. People on LSD generally have little patience for answering questions that have already been answered 700 times in other places.

However, what you don't get on TLS is that there's more to law school than playing the admissions game. There are almost no current students on TLS and a lot of the threads devolve into 0Ls telling other 0Ls what 0Ls want to hear.

FWIW, there are some very smart and talented people on LSD. It may feel a little bit cliquey sometimes, but they have really great, insightful things to say, if you're interested in listening. The number of morons on TLS is quite a lot  higher than on LSD, even if we do have LawDog bringing us down.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2009, 04:12:40 PM »
I actually thought Wally was being meta. Too much credit?
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2009, 06:37:20 PM »
Who's Wally?
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2009, 07:55:03 PM »

I thought that, too.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2009, 08:40:30 PM »
Who's Wally?

Freely has an alias.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2009, 02:18:14 AM »

I thought that, too.

Whether meta or not... it was HILARIOUS!!!

OTT, I really think the difference is primarily attitude. TLS is a great place to go talk about whether to wear sweatpants to an ASW, or how pretty the LS quad at X is, but when it comes to real substance it's kind of sad. Unfortunately, most people don't want the ugly truth, they just want to know how to get into the school their parents think is really prestigious. (and we all know how useful lay prestige is, don't we GULC... :( )

LSD is where i come to talk to real people, and get information. TLS is where i go to talk out my neruotic episodes... :D
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »

I thought that, too.

LSD is where i come to talk to real people, and get information. TLS is where i go to talk out my neruotic episodes... :D

hahahahahahaha me too!  while waiting for my february results, i spent my day on TLS so i would know when scores were coming out.  although i had quite the freakout earlier in the day, i was completely level-headed compared to the obsessive posters.  those people need case workers.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2009, 10:52:37 PM »
Just gotta say... another reason I like LSD?  Threads go on forever.  Threads on TLS have a shelf life of 48 hours if they're lucky, one weak if they're super lucky.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2009, 11:27:01 PM »
I think that might be because most neurotic episodes only last for a day or two...;D
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.