Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why is LSD failing to TLS?  (Read 22792 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Why is LSD failing to TLS?
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2009, 04:08:52 PM »

No, no they just had nothing else going for them but their grades/school, so they focus on that to overcome any evident lack of personality or social skills.  

they seemed more socially adept than the rest of us.

that's online persona, it does not work as well once you get off the computer and out of your mom's basement
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2009, 04:11:01 PM »
I post on both, and I generally prefer LSD because I think you tend to get better advice. However, I've noticed that on LSD sometimes threads dissolve into the "regulars" talking amongst themselves without addressing the OP, and I've heard that as a complaint about LSD compared to TLS.

see generally pages 6-7 of this thread
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

High Life

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2009, 04:11:38 PM »

No, no they just had nothing else going for them but their grades/school, so they focus on that to overcome any evident lack of personality or social skills.  

that's online persona, it does not work as well once you get off the computer and out of your mom's basement

I saw their facebooks.  Some of the guys and girls were pretty attractive.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2009, 04:13:12 PM »

I saw their facebooks.  Some of the guys and girls were pretty attractive.

looks never = social skills though, but I have not seen thier facebook pages so I should not, but will anyway, judge them to be social inept

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »
Quite simply, last cycle's posters were vastly superior to the current posters (in particular the exilers).

1) not hardly;

2) i started the thread, and i was the 2006 cycle;

3) go @#!* yourself

didn't you start the thread after being more or less rejected froms sflsd?

haha, no. We started to dicuss Attack so as to not fill up SFLSD with facebook chat, then it morphed into what it is today, see http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4012610.0.html

fair enough. still, last cycles posters were much more fun. I miss Rambis, Reese, Stot, etc

Find them. Join them.

I guess the MAS crew just all got lives :(

they all got vd.  julie sure of this.

cadfasfds

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2009, 02:39:50 AM »
I think its due just to plain aesthetics. I don't like the color scheme and the way the boards are organized on LSD, and TLS's forum software scales to my PC's resolution much better than LSD does.

TLS also has a semi-useful search function I find myself using occasionally, while LSD has none at all.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2009, 02:49:04 AM »
I think its due just to plain aesthetics. I don't like the color scheme and the way the boards are organized on LSD, and TLS's forum software scales to my PC's resolution much better than LSD does.

TLS also has a semi-useful search function I find myself using occasionally, while LSD has none at all.

I have to disagree. LSD's format is much, much better than TLS's, and I feel that TLS's color scheme is terrible. Actually, the layout of the TLS site (outside of the forum) is pretty awful too. I also really, really don't like the way TLS's forum is laid out. Also, about 80% of the posts at TLS are about repetitive, obvious information from previous cycles. A huge majority of the posts are also insanely douchey/whiney/pathetic, and Ken's interaction with the board is soooo creepy and weird and annoying and obnoxious, all at the same time. As you can see, I really can't find much positive about TLS. Maybe it's just a personal opinion thing.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2009, 03:41:55 AM »
my useless $.02:

It's all about activity. I come here first still, but I see the same damn threads sitting there, with very little, or almost no action besides the off topic board. I look around for two minutes before saying: "this is boring" and moving to TLS, where I wade in, with my hands covering my face for safety, because at least something is happening over there.

shmoo597

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »
TLS gets more traffic for these reasons (many of which have already been pointed out):

1. layout - it's better organized and has a better color scheme.
2. traffic - it begets more traffic.
3. the people on this site are assholes - people at TLS are much more open and less prone to mockery and sarcasm. after asking questions and trading info at LSD during my LSAT, I switched almost entirely to TLS when applying to schools because I wanted information and not unhelpful criticism.
4. this site is just less helpful.
5. TLS appeals to neurotic pre-law students.
6. there are too many insiders at LSD, creating a sort of closed elite.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2009, 11:22:35 PM »
We're not assholes, you dullard.  The clueless dipshits on TLS just like to circle jerk about their TTTs, while we have some idea of which law schools place well and are worth the investment.