Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why is LSD failing to TLS?  (Read 22577 times)

TimMitchell

Re: Why is LSD failing to TLS?
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 10:43:58 PM »
this is why - http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54003

specifically this post - http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54003&start=25#p1112564

So LSD fails because we don't have enough douchebags who think they're Bradley Nowell?

On the other hand, you could just post your pics and pwn all the guys on TLS.  But that's just my opinion.

I would like to second this.

Also, that thread was hilarious :D

That's the most hilarious thread ever. Has to be an elaborate troll...

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 02:30:13 PM »
You simply need to go where associates are, because they know best.

Assuming what you want to learn is something associates would be in a position to know.

It's a good assumption.

There are virtually no PI people over there, but some government workers (allegedly).

well, we certainly want shun those pi people.

lawapplicants

• View Profile
    • lawapplicants.com
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 10:24:28 PM »
Honestly, I think it is for 2 reasons:
(1) TLS has more functionality (the ability to check user stats etc)
(2) The color scheme of LSD is horrible

I know that there is some interest in improving the functionality with this site because I get a lot of hits on my website (www.lawapplicants.com) from the posts that I make on here. Maybe an admin on this site would like to mingle our two sites so we can take over the world, haha (all joking aside, even though www.lawapplicants.com is still new and there is barley anyone on it, the potential is there).

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 11:32:12 PM »
Honestly, I think it is for 2 reasons:
(1) TLS has more functionality (the ability to check user stats etc)
(2) The color scheme of LSD is horrible

I know that there is some interest in improving the functionality with this site because I get a lot of hits on my website (www.lawapplicants.com) from the posts that I make on here. Maybe an admin on this site would like to mingle our two sites so we can take over the world, haha (all joking aside, even though www.lawapplicants.com is still new and there is barley anyone on it, the potential is there).

add corn and wheat and we can corner the market!
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

futurelawyergal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2009, 11:20:24 AM »
I think people are nicer on LSD. People on TLS get so bitchy and think T14 is the only way to go. I know plenty of VERY successful lawyers that went to not so "prestigious" law schools. I mean don't get me wrong it is great to go to an awesome school but no need to get all elitist. I think it is really what you make of it. I also know plenty of not so successful T14 graduates. I just appreciate honest advise about the process and real opinions. No need for callous or sarcastic remarks that are frequent on TLS.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »
This is funny. Back in my day (I am old), TLS was warm fuzzy uninformed sunshine and rainbows, XOXO was hardened/bitter/offensive/knowledgeable, and LSD was somewhere in the middle.

Now TLS is mean and sarcastic. My, my. How times change.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2009, 11:43:40 AM »
I think people are nicer on LSD. People on TLS get so bitchy and think T14 is the only way to go. I know plenty of VERY successful lawyers that went to not so "prestigious" law schools. I mean don't get me wrong it is great to go to an awesome school but no need to get all elitist. I think it is really what you make of it. I also know plenty of not so successful T14 graduates. I just appreciate honest advise about the process and real opinions. No need for callous or sarcastic remarks that are frequent on TLS.

dont frequent off-topic much, do you  :D :D :D
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2009, 01:35:45 PM »
This is funny. Back in my day (I am old), TLS was warm fuzzy uninformed sunshine and rainbows, XOXO was hardened/bitter/offensive/knowledgeable, and LSD was somewhere in the middle.

shut up womenz!

feel more welcoming now?
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »
TLS is still uninformed. Just also mean and sarcastic.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 02:09:48 PM »

Ugh . . . I still think that it's EXACTLY like this.  This describes the three forums perfectly, IMO.

The posters on TLS think they can go to humdrum Tier II state schools and the debt is worth the investment because "a law degree is always great to have!"; the xoxo posters make fun of anyone going as low as MVP; and LSD is somewhere in the middle, with a few posters on either side.