Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Little Rock  (Read 4219 times)

apm5743

• View Profile
    • Email
Little Rock
« on: December 31, 2008, 01:22:11 AM »
Does anyone have any thoughts about Little Rock?  Is it nice or a little bit ghetto?  Would it be a nice place to settle down and raise a family?

Esquire1920

• View Profile
Re: Little Rock
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »
This is funny, because i just posted a topic trying to get similar info about the area etc.. I hope ppl respond!

SEC_2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 03:33:32 PM »
Does anyone have any thoughts about Little Rock?  Is it nice or a little bit ghetto?  Would it be a nice place to settle down and raise a family?

It is not ghetto in general. There are good parts and less good parts like any bigger city. I go to the U of A-Fayetteville and I thing that NW Arkansas is a much better place to live and start a family personally, but both are great areas with solid legal markets that are not as overly saturated with law schools as most parts of the country. I prefer NWA though.

Esquire1920

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 03:50:03 PM »
Thanks for your input!!  ;D

apm5743

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »
Yes. Thank you.  I have been accepted to both law schools in Arkansas, but have received a better scholarship from UALR.  From my own research on the web (not having visited either school yet), I think that I would prefer Fayetteville over Little Rock and UA seems to have a little bit better reputation than UALR.  Would you say that UA is more reputable than UALR?

SJU

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 11:58:19 AM »
As far as main campuses go, UA is more reputable than UALR. However, when it comes to law schools, they are both equally reputable. I've heard some say that the UALR law school is better because you will be at the heart of the legal community in Arkansas. The only area where UA would surpass UALR is in agricultural law. Otherwise, you are better off at UALR.

I must note, however, that because the UALR law school is associated with the UALR main campus, employers who are not familiar with the two law schools tend to think the UA law school is better (only because the UA main campus is reputable). This is changing as you see more UALR law alumni getting high positions in government and the private sector.

Clara Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 12:13:13 PM »
You may have already decided which school to attend.  I love LR, and I think it's a fine place to raise a family, though NW AR would be, too.  I initially worred about going to UALR because it's not highly ranked generally, but if you know you want to stay in AR, it's perfectly fine... tons of the lawyers in the area went there and I definitely don't feel disadvantaged.

Having said that, I agree with the PP who said that those outside AR who don't know anything about the law schools would probably like UA better.

Which school did you decide on?