Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Chicago Class of 2012  (Read 11192 times)

pehaigllleises

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2012
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2009, 09:53:24 AM »
Thanks, it's good to know it's the luck of the draw between the two towers anyway.  You can walk between the two without going outside, right?  I'm not going to get to come to ASW because I decided that being on the beach in the Dominican Republic that week is better than being in Chicago.  ;D  I came out to visit the school in January and loved it, but it was too cold to tour housing.

wkjr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2009, 11:38:39 PM »
asw starts tomorrow - so can some current students weigh in on which class to sit in on?

contracts with shahar

international human rights with ginsburg

comparative constitutional law with dixon

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2009, 11:44:28 PM »
asw starts tomorrow - so can some current students weigh in on which class to sit in on?

contracts with shahar

international human rights with ginsburg

comparative constitutional law with dixon

The last two will probably NOT be representative 1L classes, or even law school classes. 

Contracts with Shahar would be fine, but he doesn't do much Socratic.  If you can avoid the beaten path, I would sit in on Cox's Civil Procedure class at 2:45, room III.

wkjr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2009, 11:48:33 PM »
^^ thanks - i haven't seen what i imagine a strict socratic class might be at any asw yet - do they exist?

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2009, 11:53:00 PM »
^^ thanks - i haven't seen what i imagine a strict socratic class might be at any asw yet - do they exist?

They do.  Helmholz had one.  The problem is that they tend to keep them away from prospective students, because it's tough to watch. 

Out of my current classes, I would say that Cox (Civil Procedure) and Baird (Contracts) have the strongest Socratic.

Are you sitting in on a lunch?  I'm always happy to talk to prospectives who read this website -- yes, in person.

wkjr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2009, 12:01:40 AM »
yup - there's a lunch on friday - i think they have us down for 12-1:30 or something like that

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2009, 12:05:32 AM »
All those classes sound pretty bleh to me. But then, they're all morning classes. And possibly Friday classes. And aside from 1Ls and those making huge blunders, nobody takes Friday classes.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2009, 12:07:58 AM »
All those classes sound pretty bleh to me. But then, they're all morning classes. And possibly Friday classes. And aside from 1Ls and those making huge blunders, nobody takes Friday classes.

Ditto.  I'm a 1L who hasn't had Friday classes since Gersen's Torts back in Nov.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2009, 02:02:01 PM »
Contracts with Shahar would be fine, but he doesn't do much Socratic.  If you can avoid the beaten path, I would sit in on Cox's Civil Procedure class at 2:45, room III.

Cox's class is today, not Friday.

Those eagle eyes for detail must have served you well on Strahi's exam.