Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Chicago Class of 2012  (Read 11430 times)

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2012
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 07:15:32 PM »
Kind of sad that Michigan's 2012 thread already has more posts than this one, but has been up only a fraction of the time.

But I guess that's what you guys get for wanting to attend a TTT.
_______
.|E|R|S.

MP

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »
The 1Ls in Regent's are also too clique-based for my tastes, IMO.  I always see the same people in the Lounge, studying together, eating together, and even sleeping together.  I can walk in at any time of day and see the same five people near each other.  The incestuousness is disgusting.  I've stopped hanging out with the New Grad people for the same reason.

Live alone and meet a whole host of different people.  If I could do it over, that's what I would have done.  Apartments in Hyde Park are cheap and you'll be a much healthier person.  It's even better if you have a long-term girlfriend or boyfriend to cook for you when you're bummed out or busy.

Just to add to this, you don't HAVE to socialize only with Regents people (or New Grad people, etc.).  Only half of my friends lived in Regents last year, the others were all around Hyde Park, with a couple being in New Grad.  This year, pretty much all have moved up north, but even still, it's not like you're limited to the people you live with or near. 

Personally, Regents is expensive, but I liked the security factor (I live in a 1BR), accessibility to the school and downtown, and having classmates and friends near me without actually living with them.  You can get that in other places in HP, including much cheaper and probably roomier grad apartments (maybe not the security so much, but everything else), but I'm an inherently lazy person :P

finderskeepers

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 11:36:08 PM »
The 1Ls in Regent's are also too clique-based for my tastes, IMO.  I always see the same people in the Lounge, studying together, eating together, and even sleeping together.  I can walk in at any time of day and see the same five people near each other.  The incestuousness is disgusting.  I've stopped hanging out with the New Grad people for the same reason.

LOL

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 04:48:14 PM »
so... decision mailed = rejection? how sure are we on this one...? :'(
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »
so maybe the person making calls got tired of it, or is out sick ?!?

Oh hope, the double edged sword that only prolongs my suffering...
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 05:05:49 PM »
what are your numbers by the way, if you don't mind me asking. you can pm me.
LSN

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »
Tag (2L).
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »

that would be really freaky if you were rejected based on your stats. maybe they're doing things differently this year? don't give up hope yet....

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 12:28:27 PM »

that would be really freaky if you were rejected based on your stats. maybe they're doing things differently this year? don't give up hope yet....

Thanks, but I'm at the point of trying to console myself. "Cornell is Ivy, right? That's still awsome..., isn't it? :("

And NO MAIL today!

*sigh*
LSN

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »

Thanks, but I'm at the point of trying to console myself. "Cornell is Ivy, right? That's still awsome..., isn't it? :("

And NO MAIL today!

*sigh*

if for some really dinky reason chicago rejects you, i have no doubt you'll have plenty of other options besides cornell. still, i am pretty sure the letter will at least be a waitlist, if not an acceptance.