Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Chicago Class of 2012  (Read 11242 times)

studymaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2012
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »
ASW is april 2-4.
Grazie

And now chicago has to let me in, my b-day is the 2nd so it would be a great present to go to ASW

(hopes the adcomms are reading)
It is whispered that soon, if we all heed the call, the piper will lead us to reason.

ShadWhitmore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 02:18:17 PM »
Tag.

I deferred from 2011. Count me in. (And Iím way excited.)

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 04:04:49 PM »
Were all of you guys ED applicants?

Chicago is currently my number 1, and I get a little hypervental when I contemplate not being accepted. I'm not even under review yet! :(
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 06:02:55 PM »
Tag

And I'm sure you'll get in sheltron...good luck.

Yeah, his/her numbers are good, even ITE.

Sheltron: I'm a current 1L.  Let me know if you have any questions, or even if you would like a tour when and if you're here.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 06:41:20 PM »
Thanks guys, I feel all warm and fuzzy...  :D

Tag

And I'm sure you'll get in sheltron...good luck.

Yeah, his/her numbers are good, even ITE.

Sheltron: I'm a current 1L.  Let me know if you have any questions, or even if you would like a tour when and if you're here.

Watch out, I might take you up on that!
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 10:40:11 PM »
In my experience, it isn't too hard to find a Regents roommate. I found my roommate for 1L year through a post on the admitted student's board. Alternatively, if you come to ASW, you can meet other soon-to-be 1Ls there and probably find a willing roommate.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 12:23:07 AM »
It's not hard to find a Regent's roommate at all.  The majority of the class lives in the building.  The trick is to find someone compatible.

seatochitown

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 05:25:52 PM »
I would recommend not living in Regents if you'd really prefer to live by yourself. Yes, many law students live there, and it's easy to find a roommate, make friends, etc. But if you don't want a roommate, you can find relatively inexpensive (and large) studios through U of C grad student housing that are on the same bus route. Save money, live like an adult, maybe even meet some non-law/medicine/business school students. Regents has well-documented internet & cable TV problems. People complain about the management constantly. You have to pay extra to use the gym, and oh yeah--Obama won't be working out there anymore.

seatochitown

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 06:12:12 PM »
Eh, didn't mean to insult. Live like an adult = just, you know, have your own bathroom & kitchen. For the record, most Regents dwellers are eminently mature. But if you've been used to living on your own post-undergrad, you may feel more comfortable elsewhere. If people don't agree Regents is a rip-off, feel free to argue the other side. I'm repping the grad housing because I heard very little about it when I came to U of C, but tons of students from other programs live there and it's a decent option.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 06:46:47 PM »
The 1Ls in Regent's are also too clique-based for my tastes, IMO.  I always see the same people in the Lounge, studying together, eating together, and even sleeping together.  I can walk in at any time of day and see the same five people near each other.  The incestuousness is disgusting.  I've stopped hanging out with the New Grad people for the same reason.

Live alone and meet a whole host of different people.  If I could do it over, that's what I would have done.  Apartments in Hyde Park are cheap and you'll be a much healthier person.  It's even better if you have a long-term girlfriend or boyfriend to cook for you when you're bummed out or busy.