Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 146 lsat 3.0 gpa  (Read 14060 times)

Luxhx77

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 146 lsat 3.0 gpa
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 02:21:14 PM »
This topic is INSANE... Dude just give up on the law school thing.  It is literally throwing good money after bad.  Most law students probably could score higher than a 146 with no studying at all...

This isnt even worth having a conversation about. 

Stole Your Nose!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
Haha, but OP doesn't care about material things like money. :)  It is the love of the law motivating him!

ARM1987

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 02:46:44 PM »
A simple 'you must retake the Lsat, - despite your resume, despite your desires, despite your excuses, - or let your dreams die' probably could have put the plug in the sinking boat. At least that is what people in general told me....

People always seem to question time and studying. Personally, I think any excuse is no excuse. I can't tell you how many weekends I stayed in to study - do you have to go out? Some bad people get caught up with drugs and drinking - do you have to drink each month? I worked as a receptionist at my school - can you play solitaire, or ps3, or whatever or do a quick LG game? Even at night before going to bed - memorize PS logics, or watch tv?

There is always time.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »
OP,
It doesn't seem you have any interest in hearing anything except "yes, you'll get into a good law school with a 146/3.2."  I've been on this list for years - since before I went to law school (and passed the California bar tyvm).  I've seen dozens if not hundreds of posts from people with your stats getting turned away from law school after law school.  I really don't see WHAT you've got against retaking the exam.  You have nothing to lose but the money you've paid for the exam.  I have chronic health problems, worked full time while studying for the LSAT, could not afford a prep course - I couldn't even afford the logic games bible. When my first LSAT score was not high enough to get me into the schools I wanted to go to, I moped and whined and felt horribly disadvantaged.  Then I signed up for the next LSAT. That was the last thing I FELT like doing, the last thing I had the time or energy to do (still had a job, still had health problems, only had a couple of months to "rebound."  It was unpleasant, but I did what I had to do for my future. That's the best thing that you can do.  If you don't try again, you'll be closing a lot of doors.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

USAFVETERAN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 01:13:47 AM »
SYN, Brit, DBgirl, and LEGO-

My low lsat score equals one less person in competition for your six figure job after law school.  Isnt this what we consider paradoxical when you advise me to increase my lsat to become more competitive?<- Just kidding.  You guys are right.  Inherently this test was is at odds with me.  However, with proper study I am sure I can raise my score.  I cannot imagine that in law school students are as supportive while remaining equally competitive. At any rate thank you for the motivation.  ;D

And to you LSAT...I'll see you in HELL.