Law School Discussion

December Fee Waivers?

tcwhat

• View Profile
Re: December Fee Waivers?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »
Not a December test taker, but received a fee waiver from UCLA yesterday.

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 04:14:39 PM »
omg! Illinois fee waiver!! One I will actually use.  I'm happy now :)

YAY!!

Suzanne is hanging out in the admitted students forum by herself so I'll go ahead and slip your name to her and Paul  ;)

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »
I've had a few in the past few days, but not many I was already going to apply to. I'm kind of playing catch-up because I just found out I'll be graduating next summer after all.

I got:
Illinois, Minnesota, UCLA, Cardozo, Northwestern, Columbia, Temple, William and Mary, UConn, Wash U, Lewis and Clark, and Iowa.

What are these "hidden waivers" you speak of and how do I find them?  :)

Edit: nevermind, figured it out.

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 07:01:31 PM »
I got UCONN, WUSTL, Depaul, Syracuse......

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »

Off topic but...WOW at your arms....

<----has a "men with well defined, muscular arms" fetish  :-[

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 11:12:47 AM »
A few people said that they successfully asked for fee waivers, where were you successful doing that?

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »
A few people said that they successfully asked for fee waivers, where were you successful doing that?

I asked for waivers (and received) them at Southwestern and Loyola (LA).  I also just recently asked at USC, but have not gotten a response yet.  Definitely ask for waivers at your safeties (Like SW and Loyola were for me).

In other random fee waiver news: Received Drexel and Vandy (yay!) e-mails today.

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »
I believe USC just requires you be over their medians for both GPA and LSAT.  At least, that's what someone told me when I called a couple of months ago.

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 01:30:43 PM »
I received a ton of fee waivers, some need based and some I just asked and received.

I wrote one statement that I sent to all schools.  Some accepted it right away, some wanted me to send it to them with my app (certification letter) and very few had an actual form.

I did get USC plus UVA, UMich (only asked for GPA and LSAT), WUSTL, Notre Dame and some others (its a long list lol).

I also got an email from Vandy, exactly 30 min after my Complete email lol.  Thankfully, they had already waived my fee too.

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »

Off topic but...WOW at your arms....

<----has a "men with well defined, muscular arms" fetish  :-[

Lol! Thanks!