Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Song about BARACK OBAMA? is the media to blame for hype?  (Read 3856 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Song about BARACK OBAMA? is the media to blame for hype?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 07:05:30 AM »
I think it's offensive given what a "magic negro" is. I think it's offensive period- offensive to Sharpton, Obama, all black folks including "indigos" ;), all folks that have some semblance of sense and good taste, etc. But basically I agree with Julie, this is just the Repubes showing their [proverbial] ass! But it really shows how desperate the Repubes are- going to race instead of attacking Obama for a whole bunch of substantive things.

aye think the sensativity level is misplaced...and overdrawn...sure it's offensive...but aye find it no more offensive than the old new yorker magazine cover with bam and michelle characatures...equally offensive on the old offensive meter...but aye find it funny and suspicious how the media lends itself to throw gas on an old fire...aye find that the media often tries to encourage the rabble and perpetuates small petty nonsense to enrage folks...

this is, of course a truly an inconsequential matter since obama won...aye think the media is STILL campaigning.

the media has taken hype to a new level. ;)

of course, your job description as sock puppet support republicans while pretending be democrat.

nobody here fooled.

if you think aye am pretending to be a democrat you need to fetch this sentence...here...aye type s l o w l y for you...

***while you are off topic***yet again*** ::)

aye'm pretending to not be a democrat and not pretending to be an independent but am certainly pretending to not pretend that aye am pretending to be a republican while pretending that you can read...so please respond with something inane again and prove my point...if you do...you will then affirm that you do not pretend to know that aye am not pretending to be an independent. ;)

...fetch boy... :D :D :D :D :D...

..hope you like that one stv...

time go play with your light saber.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 01:59:32 PM »
I think it's offensive given what a "magic negro" is.  I think it's offensive period-  offensive to Sharpton, Obama, all black folks including "indigos"  ;), all folks that have some semblance of sense and good taste, etc.  But basically I agree with Julie, this is just the Repubes showing their [proverbial] ass!  But it really shows how desperate the Repubes are-  going to race instead of attacking Obama for a whole bunch of substantive things. 

aye think the sensativity level is misplaced...and overdrawn...sure it's offensive...but aye find it no more offensive than the old new yorker magazine cover with bam and michelle characatures...equally offensive on the old offensive meter...but aye find it funny and suspicious how the media lends itself to throw gas on an old fire...aye find that the media often tries to encourage the rabble and perpetuates small petty nonsense to enrage folks...

this is, of course a truly an inconsequential matter since obama won...aye think the media is STILL campaigning.

hmm, point very well taken.  But it drives me nuckin' futs when people hang their hat on the media's being salacious, in the bag for one particular candidate or another, hyping something up.  It is what it is.  I think that's just the very nature of media and simply comes with the territory. 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 03:19:41 AM »
I think it's offensive given what a "magic negro" is.  I think it's offensive period-  offensive to Sharpton, Obama, all black folks including "indigos"  ;), all folks that have some semblance of sense and good taste, etc.  But basically I agree with Julie, this is just the Repubes showing their [proverbial] ass!  But it really shows how desperate the Repubes are-  going to race instead of attacking Obama for a whole bunch of substantive things. 

hmm, point very well taken.  But it drives me nuckin' futs when people hang their hat on the media's being salacious, in the bag for one particular candidate or another, hyping something up.  It is what it is.  I think that's just the very nature of media and simply comes with the territory. 

aye agree with you wholeheartedly, beneficial question.

not the territory...what will stir the pot...the media is stronger than congress much of the time...very dangerous...that is why "al jazeera" concerns me.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 02:25:49 PM »
jujie guessing you want kill them, too.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »
jujie guessing you want kill them, too.

aye guess right about you resemble a fetching dog, right?

understand...jujie?

***here boy...stick tossed...***

now fetch, jujie...fetch, boy...fetch, bigot

fetch, jujie... :D :D :D

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 08:43:49 AM »
eat *&^%, neanderthal.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »
..fetch, jujie...

...fetch, bigot...

....fetch...

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »
what third-grader writing your material these days, anyway?

putz.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 02:35:43 AM »
..fetch, jujie...

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 11:00:48 AM »

aye agree with you wholeheartedly, beneficial question.

not the territory...what will stir the pot...the media is stronger than congress much of the time...very dangerous...that is why "al jazeera" concerns me.

Well, yeah, you have the right to be concerned.  And I think you are right the media has indeed a stronger impact on the minds of people  than Congress has much of the time.  They do stir the pot but that is not policy making.  Certainly the argument can be made that the media may influence policy making.  Case in point-  the Burris turnaround by the Democratic leadership because it didn't play well in the media (media exposing the lack of legal ground)  But it is not policy making itself which is why it drives me so crazy when people base their concerns on what the media does.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King